Good Commission Term Company?

3timer

I am an agent in the senior market that has come across a 3 way buy sell agreement for a million dollar valued business.

Who should I get appointed with to write these 6 $500,000 policies?

I am an agent in the senior market that has come across a 3 way buy sell agreement for a million dollar valued business.

Who should I get appointed with to write these 6 $500,000 policies?

there are many different companies to choose from.

Here are a couple point to consider:

How old are they?

How is there health?

What length of term will they buy?

You mentioned term in your heading; I personally have never been a part of a buy-sell agreement where term was used. I can see where it may work; assuming their young enough and will pay off the balance before the term expires. But maybe a Term ROP would be a good idea. Again too many variables and not enough data. Give us a little more information so that we be able to help.

There's a way to use a hybrid of the cross purchase and redemption method and only use 3 policies. You might have to use different companies for each policy depending on the ages and medical conditions.

Organized as a LLC. Males ages 35 to 47. Why not term? Lower premiums and covers unexpected death so 2 owners don't have to be in business with a spouse.

We use a "Trusteed" agreement in cases that have more than two shareholders. A trustee is named owner and beneficiary, only one policy is needed per shareholder, versus multiple policies needed in a cross purchase. The trusteed agreement has the advantages of a cross purchase, step up in basis. I have a copy of an agreement that I can make available if your attorney isn't familiar with the concept.

Back