Guaranteed Issue Term Life

Thank you everyone. I appreciate the kind words. We live in Illinois.

Moo is the most competitive at around 175 per month for 25,000. I have seen as high as 300-350 per month for 25000 with other carriers.

I know monumential life offers a GI term policy for some credit union members. Has any one had experience with them?

There is something creepy about your wanting to buy $100k life insurance on your mom who now has cancer.

Think about it....

:no:

ive been waiting for someone to be critical about my plan.

Please explain to me why you feel its creepy, wrong, or rotten.

I am looking at this strictly from a business perspective. This is the best business oppurtunity ive ever had. If she dies within two years I get my money back. If she dies between years 3-5, I will earn between 150% to 300% on my money. The doctors have said there is less than 1% chance that she will make it to 5 years.

The bottom line is 0 risk with the possibility of 150 % to 300% return on my money in 3 to 5 years.

As long as i can afford the premiums, it would be insane not to do this.

If anyone disagrees with me, please let me know why.

The fact you've been waiting to be criticized suggests that you know it is creepy as well.

Just think about it, you are profiting from your mother's death. Generally life insurance is to protect against loss of income. It doesn't sound like that is a concern for you, instead you see this as an investment opportunity.

Personally, I could care less if you do it or not. However, you might want to ask yourself how you are going to feel as you cash those checks after your mother's death.

If I had cancer (some of you are hoping), I would insist my wife buy as many GI policies as possible.

If my mother was diagnosed with cancer, I might do the same. Why would she not want this for her son?

While it is creepy, there is nothing wrong at all.

Rick

The guaranteed policies that I have dealt with stipulate that if the proposed insured has been diagnosed "terminal", then they don't qualify for coverage.

True GI has no health related questions whatsoever...other forms of Graded/Modified plans may have a one or two question qualifier but those wouldn't be considered GI.

This is the creepy part:

"I am looking at this strictly from a business perspective. This is the best business oppurtunity ive ever had. If she dies within two years I get my money back."

I'm not saying it's not the right thing for you, but I can tell you that if I did it, I wouldn't want anyone I know to find out that I did it.

Good luck finding what you want.

Back