Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum
Register NOW - It's Free !!! Forum Rules Today's Posts

Reply to Guaranteed Issue Term Life     
Old 12-21-2009, 11:38 AM   #1

State: brokerjojo is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Guaranteed Issue Term Life Guaranteed Issue Term Life
this is my first post. My mother has cancer. im looking for the least expensive guaranteed issue term policy or any other guaranteed issue no questions asked policy.

I would like to stack up to 100,000. I am looking at this as an investment. If she lives 2 years, i get the full death benefit. if not, all premiums are refunded.

I understand that options are very limited based on her circumstances. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Guaranteed Issue Term Life

Old 12-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #2
Guru

State: Full Throttle is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
Full Throttle is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Guaranteed Issue Term Life Re: Guaranteed Issue Term Life
I would like to stack up to 100,000. I am looking at this as an investment. If she lives 2 years, i get the full death benefit. if not, all premiums are refunded.
I don't think you understand how insurance works. Let me make a proposition to you, my mother has cancer. Will you write up a contract that says:

1. You'll pay me $100,000 if my mom dies in two years for which I'll pay you a premium payment significantly less than $100,000.

2. If she doesn't die within two years, you give me all the money I paid you back.

How much incentive do you have to take a deal like that!?!

*I do empathize with the situation, cancer sucks and I wish you the best during this difficult time for your family.

"We cannot insure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams

DONE IS BETTER THAN PERFECT
Old 12-21-2009, 12:04 PM   #3

State: brokerjojo is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Guaranteed Issue Term Life Re: Guaranteed Issue Term Life brokerjojo is the thread starter for: Guaranteed Issue Term Life

That is how guaranteed issue policies work. There are no health questions asked and if you die within two years, youre premiums are refunded. After two years, full death benefits are paid.

There are several carriers that will accept her. I am looking for the best premiums. I am not an expert in this area, that is why i posted. Any suggestions on the carriers with the lowest premiums would be appreciated.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:26 PM   #4
Super Genius

State: Lifeman09 is an Insurance Agent from Nebraska
you could check out mutual of omaha or americo rates for guaranteed issue whole life products . Guaranted issue term products are hard to come by and usually very expensive with a very low pay out youd be better off going with a whole life product. I am sorry to hear about your mom its a tough road. Good luck and God bless

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   Two plus 5 is equal to I agree to forum rules 

Old 12-21-2009, 02:47 PM   #5
Guru
Newby on Guaranteed Issue Term Life - Insurance Forum

State: Newby is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
Newby is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
The companies to use are Mutual of Omaha, Colonial Penn, AARP and Globe.
Divide the premium by death benefit and that would be the number of months till your break even point. If you feel that the death will occur prior to that you will come out ahead.
The way these companies make their money is many people sign up for them that are healthy and could get better policies. Those people live too long and pay too much.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I said that backwards. Divide the DB by the monthly premium to determine the break even month.
The Swine Flu meds have me a little groggy.

Last edited by Newby; 12-21-2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Posts merged
Old 12-21-2009, 02:52 PM   #6
Super Genius

State: IndyAgentIDTMY is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
Originally Posted by Lifeman09 View Post
you could check out mutual of omaha or americo rates for guaranteed issue whole life products . Guaranted issue term products are hard to come by and usually very expensive with a very low pay out youd be better off going with a whole life product. I am sorry to hear about your mom its a tough road. Good luck and God bless
I agree that Americo or MoO might work with their GI whole life products. Another possibility is Columbian Mutual, but it caps at $25K and has a 3 year exclusion period. I don't think that anyone one of those will offer more than $25K, but maybe you could just stack a few of those...

Either way, sorry to hear about your mother's illness.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:33 PM   #7
Guru
BNTRS on Guaranteed Issue Term Life - Insurance Forum

State: BNTRS is an Insurance Agent from Vermont
BNTRS is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Ummm, I could always be wrong--I've never in my life written an individual GI case, had one that could have gone that route but nothing ever became of it--but I'm not aware of an individual guaranteed issue contract that asks NO health questions.

And no, I'm not confusing guaranteed issue with simplified issue.

Insurance Guru extraordinaire!

The Insurance Pro Blog

The Salus Agency
Old 12-21-2009, 03:40 PM   #8
Guru
360 on Guaranteed Issue Term Life - Insurance Forum

State: 360 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
360 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by BNTRS View Post
Ummm, I could always be wrong--I've never in my life written an individual GI case, had one that could have gone that route but nothing ever became of it--but I'm not aware of an individual guaranteed issue contract that asks NO health questions.

And no, I'm not confusing guaranteed issue with simplified issue.
Several companies offer no health question true GI policies.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:56 PM   #9
Guru

State: steveadlman is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
I have not seen any one who has lower rates on a GI policy than MOO. They can take the application over the phone. I believe you can get up to $25,000 with MOO. I am not aware of any company that offers a GI term policy.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:43 PM   #10
Guru

State: Full Throttle is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
Full Throttle is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
My mistake, I read what you wrote too fast. I thought you were looking for a policy that returned the premiums after two years if no death occurred.

"We cannot insure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams

DONE IS BETTER THAN PERFECT
Reply to Guaranteed Issue Term Life 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum

Tags
term life