Is Guarantees Issue for Real?

It's gotta be lapse assumptions.

----------

Best software to spreadsheet these guys? Guessing compulife will do it? I just signed up but haven't fiddled with it yet.

Thanks, BTW, Goillini!

Second FEX Bob also has a GI site similar to term4sale.

There are also some "graded" ROP plans.

Some guys do not write GI, I have good results with it. But I do not write the, one foot in the pit people.

No doubt. But with current practices in secondary markets, execs can make a shipload of dough and flee the scene of the crime before the bad underwriting shows up with The Bill. Lot of that going on right now, I fear. But probably not in this market. The LE and underwriting is too clear-cut. Not enough fog in which to hide; not enough time to pull of the heist.

Has to be lapse assumptions.

I am

They also pay about half the normal commissions...Gerber doesn't even pay renewals.

Some guys do not write GI, I have good results with it. But I do not write the, one foot in the pit people.

Curious: why not write the one foot in the pit crowd?

No doubt. But with current practices in secondary markets, execs can make a shipload of dough and flee the scene of the crime before the bad underwriting shows up with The Bill. Lot of that going on right now, I fear. But probably not in this market. The LE and underwriting is too clear-cut. Not enough fog in which to hide; not enough time to pull of the heist.

I am

You would think so. But mine is very sticky.

The TV stuff also counts on a certain amount of healthy people as well.

I am

No antiselection, the policyholder has to live at least 2-3 years before the death benefit is paid. Then factor in low commissions and little or no renewals the risk is worth underwriting.

I just got an EFT deposit from Gerber for $1,200 lol

I'm with you. If the client looks like they are not going to make it 2 years, then no need to write them!

----------

Curious: why not write the one foot in the pit crowd?

Security National Life will take clients with serious health issues that might be a knock out with other carriers. ADL's, wheel chair use, on dialysis, and even daily oxygen use will be approved! You can have 3 yes answers on their application and still qualify for their graded plan.

And their rates are awesome!

Here's an example

65 Male Non tobacco $10,000

Vantis Life $68.00
Gerber Life $68.29
Security National Life $72.83
Columbian Life $98.83
Kemper Life $104.58

The Value here with SNL is that they pay better than Gerber and Vantis

Its funny I've written some screwed up people with Gerber in the last few yrs and no claims. Gerbers been writing huge amounts of Gi since the 1970's so obviously its profitable.Snl's smoker rates for rop are up there with Ngl and Kemper.The only way to get over 60% with Gerber is to get the Imo who makes 90% to cut you a monthly check.

Back