GUL Fading to Black

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
Two more GUL products fading to black.

Genworth's GenGuard GUL And LFG Durations. Genworth is a pain in the ass but the Genguard went down to $25,000 and was somewhat malleable. The Durations to age 95 worked really well in a table shave plan.

The list is getting smaller and smaller.

No real surprise, especially the LFG Duration. Both are niche products with a very small niche.

LFGs traditional GUL used to be able to do the same as the durations, and do it better.

Two more GUL products fading to black.

Genworth's GenGuard GUL And LFG Durations. Genworth is a pain in the ass but the Genguard went down to $25,000 and was somewhat malleable. The Durations to age 95 worked really well in a table shave plan.

The list is getting smaller and smaller.

What happened to GenWorth? I had some apps I just submitted to them Friday?

No real surprise, especially the LFG Duration. Both are niche products with a very small niche.

LFGs traditional GUL used to be able to do the same as the durations, and do it better.

Yeah, I miss that product. Dial it back to 95 or so and it worked almost too well.

They are getting ready to get slaughtered by new reserve requirements. You can all thank the state of New York for this.

What happened to GenWorth? I had some apps I just submitted to them Friday?

I was told by an IMO that the guarantee is going away February 27th. Per a conversation he had with the HO. However, Bulletin # 129873 seems to address more short pay and 1035s. Which is a bummer, it worked well as a UL rescue for under $100,000 plans.

OK I'm a little confused. Is this thread trying to say that GUL is going away? Are more carriers not writing it? Is the price going up at a faster rate or is something happening with the ages? I'm not sure what fading to black means? :swoon:

OK I'm a little confused. Is this thread trying to say that GUL is going away? Are more carriers not writing it? Is the price going up at a faster rate or is something happening with the ages? I'm not sure what fading to black means? :swoon:

Yes. More companies are getting out or raising rates. Others are changing availibility rules and commissions.

Back