Has anyone Had this Happen?

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Have an applicant who does not use tobacco or nicotine products, but nicotine was found when his labs were done. He wants to be tested again. The carrier won't retest and they coded the MIB so every other company can see it. What can I do?

Have an applicant who does not use tobacco or nicotine products, but nicotine was found when his labs were done. He wants to be tested again. The carrier won't retest and they coded the MIB so every other company can see it. What can I do?

No, I've not had that happen.
Are you sure it was actually nicotine? Could it have been THC and they coded him as a tobacco user as many companies do?
I don't see how they could have found nicotine if he truly is a non-user. I've had occasional cigar smoker that used within the 3-4 weeks prior, come back NT on the testing.

----------

Or possibly a vape? Many of them use nicotine, and I think some folks aren't even aware.

Does second hand smoke show up on those, if he doesn't smoke but his wife does in the house and car with him? I always wondered...

Just write him with another company if you believe him. If that exam shows the same thing then someone is not telling the truth.

Just write him with another company if you believe him. If that exam shows the same thing then someone is not telling the truth.

Most companies will check the MIB especially since this is a large face term contract. I would write him again if I knew they wouldn't find out.

Most companies will check the MIB especially since this is a large face term contract. I would write him again if I knew they wouldn't find out.

You're looking for reasons to not write it. I would look for reasons to write it.

Where's this guy live? If it's a state I'm licensed I'll write it and split it with you.

Believe me I want to write him, but the brokerage I submit through has already tried to submit with another carrier and the MIB code was already there. I paid for a new CA nonresident license to get this case so I am not looking for excuses.

I've not had this happen to me either. Is it possible they mixed up the lab results?

The only other thing I can think of is to get a note from his doctor and/or do an independent blood test to contest the results. I don't know how far this will get you though.

Believe me I want to write him, but the brokerage I submit through has already tried to submit with another carrier and the MIB code was already there. I paid for a new CA nonresident license to get this case so I am not looking for excuses.

Do they live with or work around a smoker?

Back