Has Anyone Heard of General Brokerage Agency?

Their program is garbage. If you think for a second that you will contract with them and get brand new leads day one, you're mistaken. They will give you some leads that were generated 3 or 4 months ago and that have been pounded by agents that have started with them and left to move onto something else. If you can pound the old leads and make some money, then they might give you some new fresh leads. You have to prove yourself first. How do you feel about calling a 4 month old lead and telling them they recently responded to a phone survey? Half the time on the phone will be spent on trying to jog their memory.

Everything they say at GBA is true. You get 50 leads per week, every week. It sounds too good to be true but it's not simply because you're expected to work and not be a shitty agent.

You do go out two days a week, the other 3 days can be spend however you want - but calling those leads and setting the appointments is a good thing to do in your "spare" time. You only get 50% commission because you get FREE LEADS which are expensive as hell to pay for yourself. I would always rather do this than knock on doors...these people expect your call. They have a pretty advanced - LEGAL - way of getting the leads, they're all legitimate and they're all good leads, and you WILL get them every week if you're writing business.

It's all just a matter of whether YOU want to put the work into it - if you don't write any policies, you're a crappy agent, it's as simple as that. They're good guys there though and they work with you, good training, good people, good pay if you work. Been here 3 years and don't plan to switch - I've shopped around and I can't find as good a deal or as pleasant people to work with.

Are you still with GBA? I'm thinking about applying with them, looking for input. Thanks

I talked to them, and yes they do start you out on old leads first to prove your self! I can't really blame them for that, as we all know there are many agents who just do not want to work, and who wants to generate 50 leads for someone who will not work them? Also, if you produce your contract may increase from the 50%. If you sell their leads to another company, they will find out very soon as I would guess they have someone doing a follow up call as to why they did not take the plan. And then they would find out you sold them some other plan, and your gone A.S.A.P. I am not contracted with them, but it is what it is. Free leads but low comp. Maybe very good for a newbe to learn the ropes, or for someone to start out who has little or no cash.

It's not cheerleading, it's a good company. Perhaps you're too jaded after having worked for jackasses for so long. Autodialer is legal through the correct channels, and when you've been doing it long enough and with enough support, you know what you're doing.

What carriers do they use? do they have their own underwriters? like Lincoln Heritage?:goofy:

MONDAY - 10-2 and 6-9
Using our proven script, call new leads and leads from previous weeks to book up 8-10 appointments for Tuesday.

TUESDAY - Pick up signatures on apps 10-6pm.
*Do not make any calls when you get home after field.

WEDNESDAY - 10-2 and 6-9 Book 8-10 appointments for Thursday, including resetting no-shows.

THURSDAY - Pick up signatures on apps 10-6pm.
*Do not make any calls when you get home after field.

FRIDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAY - 3 Day weekend every week. Time for Family, Church, Leisure, Golf, Travel, Etc.

BOOK APPOINTMETS
from 30-45 minutes apart.

Only 10-15 minutes in each home.

How about the time between 2-6 on mondays and wednesdays?
And, do not make any calls once you get home after field on tuesdays and thursdays. Kinda sounds captive

Doesn't sound all that awful for a rookie. 50 free leads a week is nothing to scoff at and it would be great practice for a few weeks or a month to get in the habit of making all those calls.

Yeah 50% sucks but I just ordered 25 leads (from a trusted source per these forums) and the cost was $400. They will be delivered this week and I am looking forward to working them, but with little experience under my belt of course I fear screwing up and wasting some of that money spent.

I am not sure what leads you got from general brokerage agency. But when i received my first they were terrible. Not just the first, then they gave me second hand leads. I cant believe i taken for my time and lost commissions. Less well learned here. Dont work for General Brokerage.

I am not sure what leads you got from general brokerage agency. But when i received my first they were terrible. Not just the first, then they gave me second hand leads. I cant believe i taken for my time and lost commissions. Less well learned here. Dont work for General Brokerage.
I am new to this forum and just started working for this company which now have pre-set appointments. They sell UHL and LB. You are scheduled 7 apps @3 days a week. They confirm that the client have a checking or saving acct. So far 13 apt 5 presentations 2 sales

Back