Has Anyone Heard of General Brokerage Agency?

nonie

Expert
GeneralBrokerageAgency . com is new to Texas and is offering 50% commission for unlimited autodialed final expense leads. They're non-captive and currently there is only one carrier for Texas, more will be added later.

Although the commission is very low, the leads could be a great help.

Has anyone ever heard of them? If so, what has been your experience?

GeneralBrokerageAgency . com is new to Texas and is offering 50% commission for unlimited autodialed final expense leads. They're non-captive and currently there is only one carrier for Texas, more will be added later.

Although the commission is very low, the leads could be a great help.

Has anyone ever heard of them? If so, what has been your experience?
There fine if you like to work the phones. I tried it for a few weeks but went back to knocking on doors with direct mail leads and canvassing. To each his own.

They are promising 50 free leads per agent each week. I wonder how they are gathering all these leads, especially since the game has changed in regard to autodialing.

They get access to a database like info usa, run a search for residents over a certain age, copy 50 entries, paste them into an excel file, and voila 50 free leads for you.:skeptical:

I guess that is the outfit that has been advertising heavily in the Philadelphia Metropolitan area. They state in their ad that they are one of the largest final expense agencies in the country. They use only the initials GBA, but refer to www.freeleads.info as their website. Furthermore, they state that the agent will work in the field only on Tuesday and Thursday with 50-80 leads weekly that are 1-7 days old. In addition, the leads are free and are expecting a rate quote. No money with app and no phone interview. Also, 72 hour issue with daily commission. Doesn't appear to pass the smell test, at least to me.:skeptical:

Everything they say at GBA is true. You get 50 leads per week, every week. It sounds too good to be true but it's not simply because you're expected to work and not be a shitty agent.

You do go out two days a week, the other 3 days can be spend however you want - but calling those leads and setting the appointments is a good thing to do in your "spare" time. You only get 50% commission because you get FREE LEADS which are expensive as hell to pay for yourself. I would always rather do this than knock on doors...these people expect your call. They have a pretty advanced - LEGAL - way of getting the leads, they're all legitimate and they're all good leads, and you WILL get them every week if you're writing business.

It's all just a matter of whether YOU want to put the work into it - if you don't write any policies, you're a crappy agent, it's as simple as that. They're good guys there though and they work with you, good training, good people, good pay if you work. Been here 3 years and don't plan to switch - I've shopped around and I can't find as good a deal or as pleasant people to work with.

I worked in Phil. for GBA for a short time. I have not seen anything posted in this thread that is not true. I left when I realized that none of the commissions or renewals are vested. You leave, they keep 'em.

Leads were generated by autodialer, don't know how they do that legally now.

Back