Help with Case, Looking for Term Only

Turbo3.8

Expert
I am not sure where to place this guy. He is all set to do it. Anyone know where he can get coverage, at a reasonable rate. He does not want to pay more than $100 per month and would like to get 25k or more of coverage. He does not want whole life.

m
n/s
diabetic on shots/pills-started shots 5 years ago, diagnosed w/diabetes 9 yrs ago
AIC-8.3
Blood surgar abg-150
Uses cpap every night
Used oxygen every night due to bad sleep apnea. It is a separate machine but it is attached to the cpap machine.

----------

Not 1 response??

You omitted his weight, but that doesn't matter much. A1c of 8.3 does not relate to the BS number you posted, not close. I don't think you're going to be able to do much for this one as from your other posts, he seems to be dictating the terms of the process. Doesn't work that way unless he is in great health and he's not.

Dealing with diabetics is hard (one myself) as they fail to understand that when their doctor tells them they're doing good, it is not the same as saying you're a normal person. They're doing good for a diabetic, but that A1c tells me he's not doing good for a diabetic. Sorry

And this isn't even addressing the sleep apnea which also messes up the works.

He does not want whole life.

Why is he against whole life? He is going to be very tough to place with a term carrier based on what you've told us. You could perhaps try for a GUL, but it's going to be a challenge. You may need to have a conversation about expectations. It sounds like he thinks he doesn't have any serious health issues, which clearly is not the case.

Good luck OP!

just so you know an a1c of 8.3 means an average blood sugar of 192. From my own treatment a blood sugar average of 200 is sort of the neutral zone for diabetics. As a diabetic maintains an average above 200 is when they start to experience organ failure.

You may have to find a GI company that will take him. The uncontrolled diabetes along with sleep apena is a deal killer for regular underwriting. Good luck, I have a hell of a time with diabetics. Most are much like smokers early on as diabetes takes a while to mess you up like cigs do.

I am not sure where to place this guy. He is all set to do it. Anyone know where he can get coverage, at a reasonable rate. He does not want to pay more than $100 per month and would like to get 25k or more of coverage. He does not want whole life. 69 m n/s diabetic on shots/pills-started shots 5 years ago, diagnosed w/diabetes 9 yrs ago AIC-8.3 Blood surgar abg-150 Uses cpap every night Used oxygen every night due to bad sleep apnea. It is a separate machine but it is attached to the cpap machine. ---------- Not 1 response??

Does he know how long he wants the insurance for?

Back