Help on Case, Previous Alcoholic

pfg1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Anyone know a decent carrier that will handle male 46 tob (snuff) that had DUI 4yrs ago, and treatment for alcohol addiction (self imposed dryout) about a year and a half ago? Good overall health (recent full physical), completely clean since then, in AA program, etc. Looking for term for him right now. I'm finding that alot of carriers need 2yrs since treatment. Figured I'd ask. Thanks

Anyone know a decent carrier that will handle male 46 tob (snuff) that had DUI 4yrs ago, and treatment for alcohol addiction (self imposed dryout) about a year and a half ago? Good overall health (recent full physical), completely clean since then, in AA program, etc. Looking for term for him right now. I'm finding that alot of carriers need 2yrs since treatment. Figured I'd ask. Thanks

Starting with the tobacco use. I would narrow down to the non smoker for snuff carriers like Pru. Call the list once you have all the details down. AA chip, church lifestyle changes etc. I would also look at Americo expensive but the non smoker, non med and limited underwriting may be a win for him till he has a few more years behind him. Not at my desk so do not have the guide.

Thanks Wino. Yea pru and lincoln are 2yrs out on the treatment. Was wondering if anyone WOULD do it prior to 2yrs. Thanks

Thanks Wino. Yea pru and lincoln are 2yrs out on the treatment. Was wondering if anyone WOULD do it prior to 2yrs. Thanks

Every case i've ever sent pru has been an underwriting nightmare. I've had lincoln do a good job on some sober clients of mine, provided they were sober over 24 months.

Every case i've ever sent pru has been an underwriting nightmare. I've had lincoln do a good job on some sober clients of mine, provided they were sober over 24 months.

Thanks for the info

----------

I know you said "previous alcoholic" but once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic.

Yeah technically true.

I'm hoping someone might have a carrier that might work otherwise it'll be next spring for him I guess. Thx

Thanks for the info

----------

Yeah technically true.

I'm hoping someone might have a carrier that might work otherwise it'll be next spring for him I guess. Thx

If you are going to wait the 2 years out here is a suggestion. Make him a client now. Maybe package a ad&d and a small SIWL to cover a part of his risk. Then he is a client you are updating a client in the spring.

Just a thought

If you are going to wait the 2 years out here is a suggestion. Make him a client now. Maybe package a ad&d and a small SIWL to cover a part of his risk. Then he is a client you are updating a client in the spring.

Just a thought

Thanks. Actually Wino, that is the fallback plan. Tahoe Ray gave me some great suggestions also.

Really? Pru consistently comes back to us with better offers on rated cases than other companies.

Back