KidsGotHeart

Guru
100+ Post Club
Needs Term
61 Male No Tabacco
5'11 210

Takes lantus solostar 30 units

Hemoglobin A1c of 12.2

AINCO just told me to GTFO, is there any carrier that will touch him.

"Hemoglobin A1c of 12.2"

He needs to visit a doctor who does more than 30 units of lantus.

He's really not insurable with an A1C that high. Take it from somebody who three months ago had an 11.5, but has since reduced it to 8.9 and I'm still not insurable. Needs to be in that 7.5 or below range to get an offer and for longer than 1 test.

But honestly as a type II, if he's blowing a 12.2 and is only taking a tiny bit of lantus, he's gonna die pretty soon. There are a variety of generic drugs that might help him reduce that A1C, I am amazed that his doctor has not put him on them. How long as he been a type II?

Good luck, but this person is not a prospect with those numbers. If he's family speak to him about getting more medications for this. That's an OSHIT A1C.

Needs Term
61 Male No Tabacco
5'11 210

Takes lantus solostar 30 units

Hemoglobin A1c of 12.2

AINCO just told me to GTFO, is there any carrier that will touch him.

Just a guess, but sounds non compliant.

I would check with some of the FE gurus or shop it through a good brokerage for a very high table offer. But before I did to much work I would get his temp on premium.

"Hemoglobin A1c of 12.2"

He needs to visit a doctor who does more than 30 units of lantus.

He's really not insurable with an A1C that high. Take it from somebody who three months ago had an 11.5, but has since reduced it to 8.9 and I'm still not insurable. Needs to be in that 7.5 or below range to get an offer and for longer than 1 test.

But honestly as a type II, if he's blowing a 12.2 and is only taking a tiny bit of lantus, he's gonna die pretty soon. There are a variety of generic drugs that might help him reduce that A1C, I am amazed that his doctor has not put him on them. How long as he been a type II?

Good luck, but this person is not a prospect with those numbers. If he's family speak to him about getting more medications for this. That's an OSHIT A1C.

He just got diagnosed maybe 4 months ago. Yeah, the AINCO UW told me he was pretty much SOL, but I have seen this board work wonders before.

He just got diagnosed maybe 4 months ago. Yeah, the AINCO UW told me he was pretty much SOL, but I have seen this board work wonders before.

Think about a FE, Graded or GI policy(s). I think many FE policies do not ask A1C. Just meds. Then check after a year of controlled numbers.

Wait, not at my desy, but did you look at Americo HMS term? Maybe, if the MIB did not kill him.

Just a guess, but sounds non compliant.

I would check with some of the FE gurus or shop it through a good brokerage for a very high table offer. But before I did to much work I would get his temp on premium.

Usually I would not put too much work in on this, but I have sold his whole family. They have been good to me, so I'm trying to pull a rabbit out of the hat for him.

"He just got diagnosed maybe 4 months ago. Yeah, the AINCO UW told me he was pretty much SOL, but I have seen this board work wonders before"

That could explain the high A1C and the low medication then, but it also creates a problem underwriting wise as he's newly diagnosed. No way yet of telling where this is going to go.

Does he have any coverage right now? Any convertible term? If so, get an AOR letter and look at those options.

But as others have said, don't overwork yourself on this. I have given lots of quotes to diabetics over the years and they all decide the rates are too high and they have "just a little bit of diabetes".

If he's never had life insurance before, never purchased it himself, be aware he's probably not going to purchase it when it's a table 6-8 rate and being 61. There's no such thing as cheap term after 60.

Good luck, not trying to be Debbie downer on you, just been there before done that. Usually it's a lot of footwork without a payday.

Usually I would not put too much work in on this, but I have sold his whole family. They have been good to me, so I'm trying to pull a rabbit out of the hat for him.

I can't believe I'm going to say this...especially after last night..but you may want to pm mattschmidt. He has access to the ABA, it's expe sive bjt if the guy is working he can get up to 100k. I know matt specializes in diabetics too.

Good luck

I can't believe I'm going to say this...especially after last night..but you may want to pm mattschmidt. He has access to the ABA, it's expe sive bjt if the guy is working he can get up to 100k. I know matt specializes in diabetics too.

Good luck

That is a good idea. I am not a fan of Association plans but until he stabilizes that may be a good option. Two years history will make a huge difference

Back