Help Me Find a Company to Write for

LifeWorth

Guru
100+ Post Club
I've recently gotten contracted with Pacific Life and am finding out that I may have made a wrong choice. Fantastic products and company, no doubt, but I feel like they are extremely hard to do business with. I'd like you studs and superstars to help me find a company I can get directly contracted with. I am looking for a company that is EASY to write for. I don't necessarily mean lax underwriting. What I mean is that the company must NOT be a cesspool of bureaucracy, full of complicated ways of doing things with processes that have 1,001 steps that you need to go through before anything gets done, or a lot of hurdles to hustle through. I know I just described the vast majority of companies, as our industry is run by Dilberts, but bear with me here.

I am looking for a company that has the following:

- non medical term, whole, and UL applications up to the low to mid 100,000s. For example, American National is awesome here: non med up to and including 250,000, no matter what the product.

- must have easy quoting engines, such as American Nationals term quote engine, which can be downloaded into the iPhone. A lot of what I sell is sold on the spot, so I must be able to quickly quote someone on my phone, or through a rate sheet book, and fill out the app right then and there. I have learned that setting up an appointment for a later date when I have someone that wants to sign up RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW because I have to submit a proposal to a company, or because I don't have my laptop with me, is Amateur Night At The Arena. Also, I wanna be able to reply to someone right away when they ask "how much?", and not with, "oh, hold on, let me run to my car and pull out my laptop and run a quote like a Dilbert".

- must be relatively quick with issuing a clean policy, and must have reasonable underwriting. Nothing stuck in the 1970s, please.

- must accept paper apps. Electronic apps are such a pain, at least to me. I wanna be able to get signatures right away when someone says "how do I sign up?". Also, the whole process of using the computer is a mood killer, I've noticed. With paper apps I can point to where they sign, get the most important information, and then do the rest back at the office.

- preferably has term rate sheets/booklet. This is not a dealbreaker, as long as an easy to use, quick and to the point quoting engine exists

- relatively competitive prices

- all term MUST be convertible

- preferably has Annual Renewable Term in its portfolio

American National has ALL of these things I am looking for. American National kicks butt, but I am already contracted with them through my GA and American National does not do dual contracting. I'm wanting to get directly contracted with a company. If I could just be directly contracted with American National and put all my business through them I GLADLY would.

Help?

I am looking for a company that has the following:

- non medical term, whole, and UL applications up to the low to mid 100,000s. For example, American National is awesome here: non med up to and including 250,000, no matter what the product.

Assurity offers whole life with a non-med requirement up to $149,999. Non-med term up to $350,000.

- must have easy quoting engines, such as American Nationals term quote engine, which can be downloaded into the iPhone. A lot of what I sell is sold on the spot, so I must be able to quickly quote someone on my phone, or through a rate sheet book, and fill out the app right then and there. I have learned that setting up an appointment for a later date when I have someone that wants to sign up RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW because I have to submit a proposal to a company, or because I don't have my laptop with me, is Amateur Night At The Arena. Also, I wanna be able to reply to someone right away when they ask "how much?", and not with, "oh, hold on, let me run to my car and pull out my laptop and run a quote like a Dilbert".

I'd submit that you might want to get yourself a small windows netbook or tablet and carry it with you. They weigh about 3 lbs, and you can get them for about $100-$200 on ebay.

I only use my phone for setting appointments "on the go". But I suppose my focus is a little different from yours.

However, they have rate books at the back of their product guides, so that helps a great deal for you too.

- must be relatively quick with issuing a clean policy, and must have reasonable underwriting. Nothing stuck in the 1970s, please.

I've found the underwriters are on top of their game. Rather quick to pick up the phone, update the case, etc. Once all the requirements are satisfied, I've had the policy in my hand 2 weeks later.

- must accept paper apps. Electronic apps are such a pain, at least to me. I wanna be able to get signatures right away when someone says "how do I sign up?". Also, the whole process of using the computer is a mood killer, I've noticed. With paper apps I can point to where they sign, get the most important information, and then do the rest back at the office.

Personally, my handwriting is like a doctor... so I greatly prefer using electronic applications. I also like ensuring that all the proper spaces are completed, so there's no worry about missing anything.

Assurity offers electronic applications, as well as a "disconnect" mode so you don't have to be connected to the internet to do an app.

They also have paper apps. Just get contracted and order them. No big deal.

- preferably has term rate sheets/booklet. This is not a dealbreaker, as long as an easy to use, quick and to the point quoting engine exists

Yep - it's at the back of the product guide.

- relatively competitive prices

Compared to what? What I like about Assurity is adding the Disability income rider to the policy... or adding ROP rider (not both). Add additional value... as well as a little more to your premium.

- all term MUST be convertible

Assurity is the only company that I know of, that will convert their non-med term to a permanent plan. Mutual of Omaha's non-med product won't.

- preferably has Annual Renewable Term in its portfolio

Sorry, but Assurity doesn't offer that.

American National has ALL of these things I am looking for. American National kicks butt, but I am already contracted with them through my GA and American National does not do dual contracting. I'm wanting to get directly contracted with a company. If I could just be directly contracted with American National and put all my business through them I GLADLY would.

Help?

Assurity matches the majority of what you're looking for.

In addition, their advertising compliance is very helpful, if you wanted to create custom flyers. Also, they'll accept credit card for premium payments through their website, or with e-app (not the disconnect mode), or even for ongoing premium payments. That could help keep policies on the books, and even more helpful for business owners.

I'm contracted through Mark Rosenthal, but I know there are others who offer Assurity contracts on this board.

----------

Pacific Life amateur night? Are nutz?

Switch to FE. UHL and Assurity may fit for you.

He's stating that HE feels like "amateur night" because of how he has set himself up with his selling style... and that it won't fit with Pacific Life's product portfolio and support tools.

I agree that PacLife does not fit his model. I would also suggest adding Sagicor for non med highly competitive GUL. They also have a non med term.

Assurity offers whole life with a non-med requirement up to $149,999. Non-med term up to $350,000.

I'd submit that you might want to get yourself a small windows netbook or tablet and carry it with you. They weigh about 3 lbs, and you can get them for about $100-$200 on ebay.

I only use my phone for setting appointments "on the go". But I suppose my focus is a little different from yours.

However, they have rate books at the back of their product guides, so that helps a great deal for you too.

I've found the underwriters are on top of their game. Rather quick to pick up the phone, update the case, etc. Once all the requirements are satisfied, I've had the policy in my hand 2 weeks later.

Personally, my handwriting is like a doctor... so I greatly prefer using electronic applications. I also like ensuring that all the proper spaces are completed, so there's no worry about missing anything.

Assurity offers electronic applications, as well as a "disconnect" mode so you don't have to be connected to the internet to do an app.

They also have paper apps. Just get contracted and order them. No big deal.

Yep - it's at the back of the product guide.

Compared to what? What I like about Assurity is adding the Disability income rider to the policy... or adding ROP rider (not both). Add additional value... as well as a little more to your premium.

Assurity is the only company that I know of, that will convert their non-med term to a permanent plan. Mutual of Omaha's non-med product won't.

Sorry, but Assurity doesn't offer that.

Assurity matches the majority of what you're looking for.

In addition, their advertising compliance is very helpful, if you wanted to create custom flyers. Also, they'll accept credit card for premium payments through their website, or with e-app (not the disconnect mode), or even for ongoing premium payments. That could help keep policies on the books, and even more helpful for business owners.

I'm contracted through Mark Rosenthal, but I know there are others who offer Assurity contracts on this board.

----------

He's stating that HE feels like "amateur night" because of how he has set himself up with his selling style... and that it won't fit with Pacific Life's product portfolio and support tools.

Reading comprehension, Wino. I never said Pac Life is amateur night.

Still love ya, bud. :yes:

----------

I thought American National's non med term was convertible to permanent? I guess I thought wrong? I'm pretty sure I'm right though...

thanks for the help with Assurity. I'll be calling them tomorrow with a few more questions. Anybody have any other companies for me to look into?

Does assurity offer direct contracting? I don't wanna go through a brokerage.

Man, if only American National did dual contracting. A mentor of mine once wrote "go where the heart is" in regards to companies. I love American National. From ease of use, to underwriting, to extremely competitive prices, to how helpful their home office is, to how quick they issue a policy...

American National has issued clean apps on the same day as the app was submitted! Commission payment deposited the next day!

----------

I sell for UHL, but hate the FE business.

UHL is extremely easy to do business with, but the underwriting and issuing of policy is slow slow slow. They are very much stuck in the dark ages with their underwriting dept. They have PERFECT quoting capabilities though. I have the UHL quoting engine app on my iPhone. I wanna be contracted with a company that does this as well.

I know you want paper. However, Sagicor's eApp process is super easy. You can do it pos. Also has rated (T2).

Explain "super easy". I used to be a captured agent with a mutual company and their "super easy" app software was the stuff of nightmares. The thing took an hour to fill out.

Explain "super easy". I used to be a captured agent with a mutual company and their "super easy" app software was the stuff of nightmares. The thing took an hour to fill out.

Fill in the on line app on my Surface that is wirelessly tethered to my phone have the client esign, I esign, submit. Approval usually 24 - 48 hrs. It is in underwriting before I get home.

Western Southern is not the company to base generalized assumptions about the life industry on. There are so many better options out there with much better products and technology.

----------

What you really need is a good upline. A good imo will help you a lot with finding appropriate carriers and getting you up to speed on their products. Many also give you access to online quoting systems.

Pinney is an excellent IMO for Life Insurance. Their EZLife online sales system would help you a lot in your Term & GUL Quoting. You input client info and the software gives you a whole list of quotes from multiple carriers. Just click on the quote that fits and the app is the second part of the process. Not only is this easy for you, but its easy for the prospect too.

In my opinion Anico has a great SI Term. Pac may not be a good fit for you but there are plenty of others that would be.

But you seem to be going about this backwards in a way. There is no need to pick just one company.

Find a prospect, find the need, get the facts, run quotes, make a recommendation, fill out apps, THEN fill out contracting paperwork with the company that fits your client. (with a good IMO once your contracted with one company its easy to contracts with others since they have your info)

You are trying to fit your client to your practice, instead fit your practice to your client.

Western Southern is not the company to base generalized assumptions about the life industry on. There are so many better options out there with much better products and technology.

----------

What you really need is a good upline. A good imo will help you a lot with finding appropriate carriers and getting you up to speed on their products. Many also give you access to online quoting systems.

Pinney is an excellent IMO for Life Insurance. Their EZLife online sales system would help you a lot in your Term & GUL Quoting. You input client info and the software gives you a whole list of quotes from multiple carriers. Just click on the quote that fits and the app is the second part of the process. Not only is this easy for you, but its easy for the prospect too.

In my opinion Anico has a great SI Term. Pac may not be a good fit for you but there are plenty of others that would be.

But you seem to be going about this backwards in a way. There is no need to pick just one company.

Find a prospect, find the need, get the facts, run quotes, make a recommendation, fill out apps, THEN fill out contracting paperwork with the company that fits your client. (with a good IMO once your contracted with one company its easy to contracts with others since they have your info)

You are trying to fit your client to your practice, instead fit your practice to your client.

My GA works through a Life BGA for life contracts, so yes, I could take that approach. Find a prospect, find the need, do the app, then get contracting work, etc etc. However, that means I'd STILL be doing my life business under my GA's umbrella. Since my contract blatantly says "the agent can compete with the agency in any way", I do NOT have to put my life business through the agency. Also, why would I, when the GA takes 50% of all commission even thought the agency provides zero support or leads for life in any way shape or form.

Your approach is helpful, but it still doesn't solve my problem. I want the life business to be my own show, period, completely separate from my GA.

Currently in the process of chatting with Assurity. Any other companies I should look into?

Would it be possible to end my BGA's contract with American National and get myself directly contracted? I really really really want to continue working with American National.

Back