How Effective is Social Media?

michaeld_IXN

An industry thought leader published an article titled "Successful Social Media Use
Leads to Greater Consumer Access" through LIMRA.

I would love to hear opinions and experience of how Social Media has or has not been effective in the insurance industry in your experience!

If it has been been effective, what have you done? If not, what do you think we ought to do differently?

In my experience social media is a great tool for retaining current customers and allowing the spread of referral business. But here is the hitch it only works with a good base of contacts in your pipeline already established.

In good practice it's always a good idea to shove every new contact and client into your social media pipeline. This keeps constant contact with each party all at the same time. The idea of the viral effect only happens when people start talking about your content and jumping on. Each social network should be worked differently but with that said each one has it's own benefits.

Now, companies like Facebook have paid advertising choices to allow you to obtain new prospects. This has proven effective in some situations but I have only seen it work when it is backed by a good online funnel attached to a proprietary website.

I have worked this successfully in many angles. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Alexander

As long a drip effort is utilized yes agree social media can be effective. Any excessive posting is a definite turn off. Communications within PM's and after a casual relationship is established then a actual phone conversation is powerful to utilize.

Great question and great responses. This is one of the main reasons why I founded LifeDrip (lifedrip.com)

I'm an advocate of covering the basics = legitimate web presence, monthly email newsletter, social media posting...however, with the third one, it's important to not solicit...at LifeDrip we stress utilization of the "4 E's"

Emotion
Education
Encouragement
Entertainment (seems to be a favorite)

We produce the content for the agent, but also allow them to produce their own and it propagates through all their social media and web site automatically. Whichever way you go, use the 4 E's and don't solicit! When your audience is ready to ask questions or buy, they'll think of you!

Back