How to Find a Local Independent Agency

timjr329

I just acquired my life and health license and I'm looking for a local (Las Vegas/Henderson) office to work out of. I want to sell mortgage protection and final expenses.

I'm wondering how I would go about finding a local agency where I can participate in sales meetings, synergize with other agents, and receive the support a newbie needs. I've had no luck searching the net.

Any vets know how a newbie would go about finding a local agency?

I just acquired my life and health license and I'm looking for a local (Las Vegas/Henderson) office to work out of. I want to sell mortgage protection and final expenses.

I'm wondering how I would go about finding a local agency where I can participate in sales meetings, synergize with other agents, and receive the support a newbie needs. I've had no luck searching the net.

Google? You'll find all kinds of agencies. I don't think you know quite what kind of agent you're looking to be,

The type of agency you've described is Captive - aka NYL, Mass etc. Mortgage prot sales to lenders, or consumers? If consumers, its just life insurance. FE is another specialty. Sounds like you need to search this forum for there are TONS of threads from newbies. Some started by me :laugh:

You have a license but don't know what to do with it?

My first question is always "Why did you get an insurance license?"

I just moved to Henderson. Contact me if you'd like to talk.

Rick

Those guys are everywhere.

For Term, Non-par WL, and the very occasional Annuity to homeowners and refinancers and other mail house leads, all you really need is a license and a pulse, no offense intended. They're everywhere man, just look on CL or on ZipRecruiter. There's tons of those types of companies out there looking for more body's. They need more bodies badly for their downline.

A bit of advice; take or leave it.

Those companies are going to charge you $35-75 per lead. If you've got money in the bank to sustain yourself for 3-6mos AND you've got additional money burning-a-hole-in-your-pocket ready to buy a metric ****-ton of leads then you're golden for that business.

IFF those are two conditions are true then you can develop a very fast feedback loop where you'll be able to correct your mistakes quickly because you'll be in front 15-25 buying opportunities each week. You're likely to be able make a little money in 60-90 days. But if I worked in that type of world, which I never have, I would make damn sure that I was paid "as-earned." You'll likely find that you dislike "chargebacks" with a considerable passion.

But if you ever want to make a career in the business as a no-**** serious Insurance and/or Financial Advisor then I would suggest that you do not spend too many years in that side of the business. Take from it a great learning experience to be in front of all kinds of people and make lot's sales and good money. And I've heard of guys making some real money in that biz. I hear that's it's possible to do.

However, at some point if you ever want go the MDRT and higher type of route, then you'll have to break away and step-up to a higher demographic and develop your own lead generating abilities. Learn to create your own power-base and Centers-of-Influence (CPA's, TPA's, TAX Attny, Hedge Funds, RIA, College Alums..etc) and the Chamber of Commerce types from whom you will get referrals to get you into finding the right types of cases to solve problems for people who have a need that will force you to really, truly learn the "Insurance Product as an Asset Class," that can really put you on the map and separate yourself from other producers.

It's a tough business. Good Luck to you.

KTM

i like discussion good for me have more about like Affordable Health Insurance near me Florida in Cooper city plz share

Back