How Much Info Do You Fill Out on an Application for the Client

ChubbyChecker

For life insurance, do you give your client an application that is completely blank and have them write in all answers? Or do you pre-fill the document with basic answers such as their name, date of birth, etc.?

For life insurance, do you give your client an application that is completely blank and have them write in all answers? Or do you pre-fill the document with basic answers such as their name, date of birth, etc.?

I always fill in all the blanks. There're plenty of agents that make mistakes on apps...can you imagine how many mistakes the applicant would make?:laugh:

Life insurance is not like health insurance. The last health insurance app I did (many years ago) required it to be completed by the applicant. I don't know what that is/was required, but that's what it is.

With life insurance (and everything else) I complete it and ask the client to verify and sign that it is all correct (or use electronic applications).

I fill out all the info based on the info they gave me. I have them review and make sure its all good before signing. Having the ppwk in good order makes things go MUCH smoother.

Since there are those times I write apps in places that prevent me from being able to write neatly (on the hood of a car, sitting on a tree stump), I tend to fill everything out after I get home. I take a photo scan of their drivers license and check (or bank statement) and I just make sure I have everything signed and all the info wrote down on the back of my assessment form.

I always fill in all the blanks. There're plenty of agents that make mistakes on apps...can you imagine how many mistakes the applicant would make?:laugh:

Years ago a company, American Republic if I remember correctly, put in force a requirement that the application had to be filled in the applicant's own handwriting. The only thing we were allowed to complete ws the agent's report. After wrestling through that process a couple of times, I decide there were more companies than AR that sold medical issuance coverage. If it became mandatory today, I wold never think about seling another policy.

Back