How Often Do You Think About Dying or Your Own Death?

as wino said, wake up dead! open your eyes slowly. do you see the pearly gates.... ok... st peter said pergatory for you.....you will have to sell life insurance on earth for another 20 years...

I never used to think about it much but weirdly the last yr or so it's been on my mind a lot. My parents died w/in 6 mos of each other - 4 yrs ago in Oct. It's just been in the last 9-12 months that it's started to freak me out. Maybe it just took that long for the post trauma stress to hit

Sorry about your father.

Thank you! My Dad was 81 and had benn in excellent health all his life until the las 10 months or so. He was a retired Ky State Trooper and up until he got cancer last summer he could have gotten back in that crusier and patrolled with the best of them.

It got really bad a couple of months ago and then extremely bad for the last 3 weeks.

He suffered terribly for the last 2 weeks of his life. For that to be gone I am grateful. Still never ready to say goodbye. I was with him in the hospital when he took his last beath. That was last Wed., the 13th at 2:00pm.

NEVER, kind of a dumb question, I mean I have a couple of hereditary diseases in my family history, I NEVER think about it, cause anything can happen, its out of your control so why worry about it.

I could dwell on the diseases part then again, I could run out to get lunch today and get killed in a car wreck.

SO why worry about it, just make sure everything is in order for your family and really, thats all you can do about it,

If I worried about the diseases in my family, i wouldnt accomplish anything, pay a bill, give any effort cause I know I will be toast in 10-12 years.

jdeasy I kind of went through the same thing. It's an eye opener. Children think of the parents as a rock so to see them healthy one day and then see their health wither away in a short amount of time either sends people into a funk or makes them realize time is precious.

As another thought even though I was in the military I never saw combat but I can't imagine what goes through the minds of our troops in combat on a daily basis.

jdeasy-sorry for your loss, lost mine 20 years ago, still think of him every day. It will get better. I lost my brother and my mother 4 years ago, 10 days apart. Very hard. You feel like that you are no longer immortal.

I think of dying every day, since the heart attack, and as I am only 10 months away from 50. My brother was 50 when he passed, and my father was only 56. I use this signature line on a snowmobile forum I belong to:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"

I've seen people die, and they hang on as long as possible. They fight for every second. Not because their current state is so wonderful, but it must be better than what lies ahead.

What's waiting on us must be more horrible than what we could possibly imagine. I keep this in mind and try to treat everyone as well as possible while here in the land of the living.

I've seen people die, and they hang on as long as possible. They fight for every second. Not because their current state is so wonderful, but it must be better than what lies ahead.

think it is more human nature.....have held the hand of two dieing people....my mom and father in law.......

Back