How Often Do You Think About Dying or Your Own Death?

I think about death (how closer I am to it) at every birthday. I don't dwell on it, but it DOES cross my mind that I am at closer to the end than I am to the beginning.

Last edited:
One time I was speaking with an elderly gentleman and we were talking about life. I was talking about this and that, retirement goals, etc. and he stopped me and said "Listen to me when I say this. When you get to a point in life when you have more years behind you than you have in front of you it's time to start living".

To be honest I think I also heard that saying in a movie after he dropped that knowledge on me. He also said middle age is really about age 35 because many people don't make it to age 80.

I've seen people die, and they hang on as long as possible. They fight for every second. Not because their current state is so wonderful, but it must be better than what lies ahead.

What's waiting on us must be more horrible than what we could possibly imagine. I keep this in mind and try to treat everyone as well as possible while here in the land of the living.

Expect the worst - that's a good strategy in my book; better than expecting paradise and finding yourself in thick black darkness along with Joel Osteen, Creflo Dollar, Richard Roberts, Robert Schuller, Joyce Meyers, Paul and Jan Crouch, Benny Hinn etc etc.

Back