How Often Do You Think About Dying or Your Own Death?

On sundays(today) when a new agent ask me to go with on an appointment. On a Sunday morning. Then calls the last minute sounding half awake and tells me the person wants to reshedule for the second time. Next!

OK pretty minor in the context of this tread. Just needed to bitch. Sorry.

On sundays(today) when a new agent ask me to go with on an appointment. On a Sunday morning. Then calls the last minute sounding half awake and tells me the person wants to reshedule for the second time. Next!

OK pretty minor in the context of this tread. Just needed to bitch. Sorry.

You never have to apologize about "bitching" here. Being an independent agent can be a lonelier job than being the Maytag Repair man.

We have no one to share our successes, failures or frustrations with. Isn't that a big part of why this board is so popular? I know it helps me vent from time to time to others who understand what I'm talking about.

Jacqueline is a great listener but she will never fully appreciate what I'm talking about.

I used to never think about dying, but now that I am getting close to 50 and lost my Dad last year, I find myself thinking about it all the time.

You never have to apologize about "bitching" here. Being an independent agent can be a lonelier job than being the Maytag Repair man.

We have no one to share our successes, failures or frustrations with. Isn't that a big part of why this board is so popular? I know it helps me vent from time to time to others who understand what I'm talking about.

Jacqueline is a great listener but she will never fully appreciate what I'm talking about.

This forum really helps me sometimes to vent or bitch.

There is a saying that goes, "Life is a bitch and then you die".

Think about that. If life is really a "bitch" then isn't it the "lucky" ones who die? Don't the "unlucky" ones live for ever and ever. :D

Last edited:
I've been dealing with a very close friend who was hit by a car and is in a coma. While I've come to grips with my mortality when I lost my faith years ago and realized my certainty is gone, this is the first time I've ever had to deal with anything like it with someone close to me.

There are many things you can rationalize, study, and plan for... This isn't one of them.

Hang in there Mark.

IMO the only logical thing that makes sense in life is suicide. Most don't choose that because of their faith in whatever they believe in (including atheism). Those who have lost all faith in everything finally make the logical decision.

Back