How's the Mortgage Protection Business Going for Everyone?

eddie

Guru
100+ Post Club
Wisconsin
I do other things to diversify like F.E., Medsupps and some health, but lately the mortgage protection clients I am seeing are just brutal. Very much lower premiums than normal and quite a few refuse to meet lately. I have been doing this since 2004 and I know the mortgage market is way different, but is anyone else experiencing rough waters with it as well for those of you that run that part of the biz? Just curious?

Mortgage leads are not nearly as productive as in the past, but some of my colleagues are still writing some business from them. The firm I joined nine years ago did a ton of business off these back in the day, but the agents who only sold those leads are long gone as they never learned how to prospect any other way.

I worked with the last company who actually had a good lead program for MP, The Hartford... Got an email in Dec of 2011 saying, We are discontinuing our lead program and the policy we sell for MP, you are FIRED.... Seriously, they let us all go... We are doing MP on our own and it's miserable out there... I am finally giving in to those that say that MP is a DEAD marget... atleast until the economy turns.... FE is the way to go!

Back