• Close it

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • Keep it open

Votes: 23 56.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear the guy hates insurance agents, and has the nerve to make his living off them.

Yeah, I take every opportunity I can get, to treat them badly:

Dear Bob,

Late Friday afternoon I arrived home after a relaxing day of boating with my wife and my office line rang twice. Each time with a caller interested in life insurance. As tired as I was, I obtained their information and sent out three applications which resulted in approximately $3,200 in premiums. Not bad for 10 minutes of work.

My name is Steven Fishman and I have sold life insurance since 1971. Over the years, our leads have come from several avenues including, internet leads, followed by call transfers, radio advertising, you name it. Of all the leads I have tried, one source has consistently proven to be the best, "Term 4 Sale" a Bob Barney creation. Let me explain. To be profitable in this forum you must make at least $4 for every $1 spent. My goal was $8 to $1, which is very hard to do with the exception of "Term 4 Sale". We purchased the maximum amount of zip codes and ended the year with a $10 to $1 ratio.

The bottom line is “Term 4 Sale” is your best dollar spent for serious buyers of life insurance.

Steven P. Fishman, General Agent, North Port, FL​

Yeah, I take every opportunity I can get, to treat them badly:

Dear Bob,

Late Friday afternoon I arrived home after a relaxing day of boating with my wife and my office line rang twice. Each time with a caller interested in life insurance. As tired as I was, I obtained their information and sent out three applications which resulted in approximately $3,200 in premiums. Not bad for 10 minutes of work.

My name is Steven Fishman and I have sold life insurance since 1971. Over the years, our leads have come from several avenues including, internet leads, followed by call transfers, radio advertising, you name it. Of all the leads I have tried, one source has consistently proven to be the best, "Term 4 Sale" a Bob Barney creation. Let me explain. To be profitable in this forum you must make at least $4 for every $1 spent. My goal was $8 to $1, which is very hard to do with the exception of "Term 4 Sale". We purchased the maximum amount of zip codes and ended the year with a $10 to $1 ratio.

The bottom line is “Term 4 Sale” is your best dollar spent for serious buyers of life insurance.

Steven P. Fishman, General Agent, North Port, FL​

Just because they might make money using your product doesn't mean you hold them in high regard.. Go back and read what you have said in the past about agents like Mr. Fishman.

Just because they might make money using your product doesn't mean you hold them in high regard.. Go back and read what you have said in the past about agents like Mr. Fishman.

I love you "all or nothing" types.

Mr. Fishman isn't the kind of agent I have been critical of.

Let's change the subject to politicians. What do you think of most politicians? Scumbags, right? Many start out on the right foot, and after a few years morph into complete jerks. And that would be true of most politicians, but NOT ALL politicians.

Now, are you going to deny we have a large number of agents in this industry, who should not be in this industry? Are you going to tell me it is only a tiny percentage of the agent community that are doing bad stuff to consumers?

Now I'm a straight up guy, and I am calling it like I see it. I have little respect for most agents in the industry, and you have detected it on this board and it has made you mad.

But to say that I feel that way about all agents is a gross mischaracterization of my position, it cannot be reconciled by reasonable people based upon my years of serving the industry, and the accusation are made by people who have another agenda rooted in malice.

And in the end you want to silence me so I can't defend my position. What a lovely bunch of coconuts.

I love you "all or nothing" types.

Mr. Fishman isn't the kind of agent I have been critical of.

Let's change the subject to politicians. What do you think of most politicians? Scumbags, right? Many start out on the right foot, and after a few years morph into complete jerks. And that would be true of most politicians, but NOT ALL politicians.

Now, are you going to deny we have a large number of agents in this industry, who should not be in this industry? Are you going to tell me it is only a tiny percentage of the agent community that are doing bad stuff to consumers?

Now I'm a straight up guy, and I am calling it like I see it. I have little respect for most agents in the industry, and you have detected it on this board and it has made you mad.

But to say that I feel that way about all agents is a gross mischaracterization of my position, it cannot be reconciled by reasonable people based upon my years of serving the industry, and the accusation are made by people who have another agenda rooted in malice.

And in the end you want to silence me so I can't defend my position. What a lovely bunch of coconuts.

I have no desire to silence you. And, no I do not agree that most politicians are scumbags. Yes, there are some agents that should not be in the business but not nearly in the quantities you seem to think. No, I am not mad. I do not have enough respect for your opinion to care one way or the other as to what it is of me personally. I have no agenda to push so you are wrong on that count also.

You say you have "little respect for most agents" If that be the case, that has too include quite a few that you do not hesitate to help in their endeavors by taking their money to provide a tool with which to conduct their business.. that makes you a willing accomplice to whatever crimes you think they are committing for the sole purpose of financial gain, so what does that say about you?

I have no desire to silence you. And, no I do not agree that most politicians are scumbags. Yes, there are some agents that should not be in the business but not nearly in the quantities you seem to think. No, I am not mad. I do not have enough respect for your opinion to care one way or the other as to what it is of me personally. I have no agenda to push so you are wrong on that count also.

You say you have "little respect for most agents" If that be the case, that has too include quite a few that you do not hesitate to help in their endeavors by taking their money to provide a tool with which to conduct their business.. that makes you a willing accomplice to whatever crimes you think they are committing for the sole purpose of financial gain, so what does that say about you?

I know...I know...HYPOCRITE.:yes:

I have no desire to silence you.

Good for you. Can't say that for everyone.

And, no I do not agree that most politicians are scumbags.

Did the approval ratings for congress crawl above 15%? I've always wanted to meet one of the 15%.

Yes, there are some agents that should not be in the business but not nearly in the quantities you seem to think.

So we disagree on the break down in the quantities, about politicians and life insurance agents.

I recall a friend of mind, on the executive of our agent's association (as I was), explaining to an elected member of the government, in a meeting, how life agents were held in the same low opinion as politicians, and the politician shaking his head and laughing. I can assure you he wasn't disagreeing. Incidentally, he was the politician in charge of the insurance industry.

No, I am not mad. I do not have enough respect for your opinion to care one way or the other as to what it is of me personally.

I don't have a personal opinion of you, I don't know you. This is the problem when you criticize people in a group, individuals assume automatically your are referring to them personally. That is only true if the shoe fits. I have no idea what size you are wearing.

I have no agenda to push so you are wrong on that count also.

I stand corrected.

You say you have "little respect for most agents" If that be the case, that has too include quite a few that you do not hesitate to help in their endeavors by taking their money to provide a tool with which to conduct their business.

I think that I may be quite naive in that regard, but I believe the vast majority of my customers do good work. For example, in regard to all the business transacted by agents as a result of their introduction to consumers through term4sale.com, I don't recall any complaint from a consumer about it, with one exception that I have explained before. But you can be certain that if I found my product was being used inappropriately to do harm to consumers, I would be pursuing it quite aggressively, at the very least no longer selling my product to that subscriber.

that makes you a willing accomplice to whatever crimes you think they are committing for the sole purpose of financial gain, so what does that say about you?

But that's the whole point of my point. You are inevitably tarred with the same brush when people you do business with screw up. It can reflect on you directly or indirectly, and I would think that the entire industry has a self-interest in outing the bad eggs; unless you're shy about it or don't care.

----------

Thought you only found those in church.. ;)

Ah yes, everyone who goes to church is a hypocrite.

Talk about painting with a roller.

Good for you. Can't say that for everyone.

Did the approval ratings for congress crawl above 15%? I've always wanted to meet one of the 15%.

So we disagree on the break down in the quantities, about politicians and life insurance agents.

I recall a friend of mind, on the executive of our agent's association (as I was), explaining to an elected member of the government, in a meeting, how life agents were held in the same low opinion as politicians, and the politician shaking his head and laughing. I can assure you he wasn't disagreeing. Incidentally, he was the politician in charge of the insurance industry.

I don't have a personal opinion of you, I don't know you. This is the problem when you criticize people in a group, individuals assume automatically your are referring to them personally. That is only true if the shoe fits. I have no idea what size you are wearing.

I stand corrected.

I think that I may be quite naive in that regard, but I believe the vast majority of my customers do good work. For example, in regard to all the business transacted by agents as a result of their introduction to consumers through term4sale.com, I don't recall any complaint from a consumer about it, with one exception that I have explained before. But you can be certain that if I found my product was being used inappropriately to do harm to consumers, I would be pursuing it quite aggressively, at the very least no longer selling my product to that subscriber.

But that's the whole point of my point. You are inevitably tarred with the same brush when people you do business with screw up. It can reflect on you directly or indirectly, and I would think that the entire industry has a self-interest in outing the bad eggs; unless you're shy about it or don't care.

----------

Ah yes, everyone who goes to church is a hypocrite.

Talk about painting with a roller.

I have never understood why some people will not attend church because they may have to sit next to a hypocrite on the pew, but that same person has no problem sitting next to that same hypocrite on a bar stool. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back