Ideas to Find New Prospects

To hit the ground running, I would go out and meet as many people as possible. I would take booths at different conventions and fairs, and get my face out there. People want to do business with a nice, friendly life insurance guy; you just have to let them find you. Once they meet you personally, you are that much closer to closing the sale.

Why, because I don't agree with buying leads? Whatever happened to generating your own leads with, you know, prospecting? I don't know any successful agent who got successful by buying leads. Leads are a crutch.

I have been very successful with lead companies! Having a lead card in your hand with the potential customers signature on it when you approach the door makes it hard for them to say they are not interested. Then all you have to do is present it in a way that won't allow them to say "NO". Most time I set the appointment before I leave or I get it and write the policy.

I have been very successful with lead companies! Having a lead card in your hand with the potential customers signature on it when you approach the door makes it hard for them to say they are not interested. Then all you have to do is present it in a way that won't allow them to say "NO". Most time I set the appointment before I leave or I get it and write the policy.

Prospecting and having people calling you to buy or asking if you will please call their friends is better. Then they buy instead of being made to do anything. IMHO

Prospecting and having people calling you to buy or asking if you will please call their friends is better. Then they buy instead of being made to do anything. IMHO

I had one of my new agents call me today to bang around a new marketing idea to get a piece of the Orphan 401k money that is out there (estimates are up to $1 Trillion).

It is nice to see an agent with only 3 years experience actually coming up with questions about markets to attack that do not include dropping Direct Mail and working FE or Mortgage Protection.....

That is old fashion prospecting. A novelty these days.

I had one of my new agents call me today to bang around a new marketing idea to get a piece of the Orphan 401k money that is out there (estimates are up to $1 Trillion).

It is nice to see an agent with only 3 years experience actually coming up with questions about markets to attack that do not include dropping Direct Mail and working FE or Mortgage Protection.....

Inbound calls yesterday and by noon today 7 Life insurance request and 2 FE request. Last week was more. Today was 3 $250,000 policies for orphan client's 20 something aged kids, An additional $100,000 Perm policy on a 59 client who started as an orphan. A $25,000 FE policy on a client's 72 yr old in law started as a conversion of an orphaned term.

Now This is how I see these new cases - The 20 year olds are in various stages of collage. I will rewrite the term and write more coverage on them as they marry and have kids. I will also write their wives and try to write the wife's parents. The 59 yr old- Has been a client and I have written 6 other family members and 6 referrals from her. She has one policy already. The 72 yr old in law- I am now trying to get his son to pick up a small family plan started.

I am not a one and done agent. Servicing my book is prospecting to me. Old guy, old way.

Amen brother! Twilight, your brochure is first class, man. Being in this business 36 years, I have done most kinds of prospecting. While buying "leads" can be OK, I have found that they're mostly expensive bullshit. I prefer the old ways for the most part.

Lifeworth,
If money is an issue, cold calls F2F or the phone; you can work up to buying a good list for the phone, and later work DM leads if you prefer. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Take what you like from their expert advice, and get it done. Best of luck to you.

Back