Illegal

At first glance of the code you cited, it seems to be in regard to attempted border crossings.. at the border?

It also appears to indicate jailtime.

At first glance of the code you cited, it seems to be in regard to attempted border crossings.. at the border?

It also appears to indicate jailtime.

Yes, getting caught crossing the border illegally IS a crime. Being in the country illegally is not. Two separate situations. A common misconception about illegal immigration is that all illegal immigrants jump the border. Not the case. The majority overstay work or travel visas.

Yes, getting caught crossing the border illegally IS a crime. Being in the country illegally is not. Two separate situations. A common misconception about illegal immigration is that all illegal immigrants jump the border. Not the case. The majority overstay work or travel visas.

Ben: You need to read that again. If they are caught at the border it is a civil offense.

Improper time or place; civil penalties Any alien who is apprehended while entering (or attempting to enter) the United States at a time or place other than as designated by immigration officers shall be subject to a civil penalty of -
But once they enter the country by

eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers,

they become subject to criminal penalties of up to 6 months imprisonment for First offense; 2 years second offense.

Yes Rouse, you are correct on that... Provided they are not caught with false documents or smuggling, etc. Only then does it become a crime.

I did not realize that there would be such an uproar about my question!
Should I even ask about "civil partners" being beneficiaries.... haha

I just don't see why purchasing life insurance would be an issue?

It's not an issue given this scenario. If I was an illegal and moved here with my wife...from Nigeria...8 months pregnant.... and gave birth to my beautiful daughter life insurance would be great if its FREE. I mean HECK, the delivery was FREE.

But, Medicaid turned down me and my wife down for Medicaid, so I need insurance so I can visit the doctor 31 times this year and I don't want to pay more than $30 a month. Oh yeah, they better have a $50 copay for the ER room. If not, I will have to cancel my phone.

I'm an accountant and my wife is a fashion designer, so I understand the need to provide some security for my family. However, my facebook account shows that I'm working in the home health care industry. I need to update that one of these days!

And yes, I'm interested in that $50K life insurance benefit for an extra $6 a month. I can sell the food and make a profit to be able to afford the extra money.

My daughter gets Medicaid, so she's covered and can help our family later. Forget about that that old lady up north who cannot afford anything due to the death of her "WW 2 veteran" husband. She shouldn't be able to get public assistance because of her "assets."

OF course, scenarios like this never happen, so I'm in total favor of this niche.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not an issue given this scenario. If I was an illegal and moved here with my wife...from Nigeria...8 months pregnant.... and gave birth to my beautiful daughter life insurance would be great if its FREE. I mean HECK, the delivery was FREE. I love the US and A.

But, Medicaid turned down me and my wife down for Medicaid, so I need insurance so I can visit the doctor 31 times this year and I don't want to pay more than $30 a month. Oh yeah, they better have a $50 copay for the ER room. If not, I will have to cancel my phone.

I'm an accountant and my wife is a fashion designer, so I understand the need to provide some security for my family. However, my facebook account shows that I'm working in the home health care industry. I need to update that one of these days!

And yes, I'm interested in that $50K life insurance benefit for an extra $6 a month. I can sell the food and make a profit to be able to afford the extra money.

My daughter gets Medicaid, so she's covered and can help our family later. Forget about that that old lady up north who cannot afford anything due to the death of her "WW 2 veteran" husband. She shouldn't be able to get public assistance because of her "assets."

OF course, scenarios like this never happen, so I'm in total favor of this niche.

I'm having trouble following this. What again does this have to do with purchasing life insurance?

Bens?

I think you're trying to be a bit too literal. I am up here next to the "other" border and when those who overstay their student visas or work visas are caught.. they are deported. They don't even have to be mexican. More often they are canadians.

I think you're either confused about the point or purposely mistating... of course illegals can be in country, and nothing happens until they get caught.

The US has deported more illegal aliens in the past 3 than the prior 8. If what you're saying was correct, why didn't they just get a ticket?

The US has deported more illegal aliens in the past 3 than the prior 8. If what you're saying was correct, why didn't they just get a ticket?

Just clearing out the troublemakers before the next election.

[/sarcasm]

Back