Impression So Far of Life Happens Pro?

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
Just posted a new article (link below) based on an interview with Life Happens’ President and CEO Marvin Feldman, CLU, ChFC, RFC, where he talks a lot about the industry nonprofit’s new turnkey marketing offering for agents, Life Happens Pro.
Naturally got me to wondering if many Insurance Forums members are utilizing this new tool, and if so, how it is working for you so far. If you are using it, please share your initial impressions here. If you are aware of it but have no plans to subscribe to the service, please let us know why as well.

Insurance Forums | Agents the beneficiaries of a productive year at Life Happens

Here's my problem with LifeHappens agent resources...

It's all about "life insurance isn't as expensive as you think" and other little "quotes of the day" revolving around life insurance planning.

I DO like the new Anthony Anderson story PDF as the spokesperson for LIAM. I'll probably convert it to a JPEG and post it on my facebook page.

But my focus is in overall planning, not just selling life insurance.

If I lead with planning and the mindset behind the planning, I'm a consultant that can attract people to want to work with me.

If I'm always leading with life insurance... I can easily become a pest. Most people have NO idea how many problems life insurance can help solve. Yet, these tools have me talk about the tools and policies... instead of problems to solve. I would (and have) quickly unsubscribed from such pages that always hammer a product, instead of talking about how to make my life better.

It's simply not my style, so I'm not about to subscribe to the "pro" version.

I just signed up for the free trial....

There are some good ideas, but all material, videos etc are going to drive traffic to lifehappens website, and doubtful those visitors return to your own site.

I think you have misinterpreted how the new Platform works. It is not designed to replace how you currently market your services, but as an additional source for marketing resources and motivational tools for when you are having discussions with clients on life insurance, DI and LTC. These risk based products are part of your overall planning for your clients, and that is where the tools in the Platform work best.

These tools, once you have subscribed as a Platform member, can be personalized with your brand and contact information, emailed directly to your client and/or imbedded in your website.

The goal of the Life Happens Pro Platform is to enhance your marketing along with educating and motivating the client in their decision making process.

Try it free for 30 days and let me know how the resources work for you.

Marv Feldman, CLU, ChFC, RFC
President & CEO Life Happens

Here's my problem with LifeHappens agent resources...

It's all about "life insurance isn't as expensive as you think" and other little "quotes of the day" revolving around life insurance planning.

I DO like the new Anthony Anderson story PDF as the spokesperson for LIAM. I'll probably convert it to a JPEG and post it on my facebook page.

But my focus is in overall planning, not just selling life insurance.

If I lead with planning and the mindset behind the planning, I'm a consultant that can attract people to want to work with me.

If I'm always leading with life insurance... I can easily become a pest. Most people have NO idea how many problems life insurance can help solve. Yet, these tools have me talk about the tools and policies... instead of problems to solve. I would (and have) quickly unsubscribed from such pages that always hammer a product, instead of talking about how to make my life better.

It's simply not my style, so I'm not about to subscribe to the "pro" version.

I’m glad you signed up for the free trial, and pleased that you like the content. We’ve tried to make the resources as tailored to you, as an agent, as possible.

Instead of just linking to videos on our site, you can now embed them directly on your site. You can email the videos (or any of the other materials) to prospective clients. With the planner tool, not only can you embed it on your site, you are able to specify exactly what URL you’d like the user to click to after they’ve finished using it. So the user never has to leave your site. With the flyers and brochures, you can add your contact info, a logo and/or photo, and download the file to use however you see fit. Finally, with the social media resources, those are designed to be used right in your social media channels. In short, we’ve tried to make it as easy for these to become “your” resources as possible.

Finally, we’re going to continue to add more capabilities along these lines in the future, and so your feedback is very helpful. Feel free to contact me directly with questions/comments/ideas at [email protected].

Matt Derrick
Life Happens

I think you have misinterpreted how the new Platform works. It is not designed to replace how you currently market your services, but as an additional source for marketing resources and motivational tools for when you are having discussions with clients on life insurance, DI and LTC. These risk based products are part of your overall planning for your clients, and that is where the tools in the Platform work best.

These tools, once you have subscribed as a Platform member, can be personalized with your brand and contact information, emailed directly to your client and/or imbedded in your website.

The goal of the Life Happens Pro Platform is to enhance your marketing along with educating and motivating the client in their decision making process.

Try it free for 30 days and let me know how the resources work for you.

Marv Feldman, CLU, ChFC, RFC
President & CEO Life Happens

Wow! Marv Feldman responded to my post! Cool.

I’m glad you signed up for the free trial, and pleased that you like the content. We’ve tried to make the resources as tailored to you, as an agent, as possible.

Instead of just linking to videos on our site, you can now embed them directly on your site. You can email the videos (or any of the other materials) to prospective clients. With the planner tool, not only can you embed it on your site, you are able to specify exactly what URL you’d like the user to click to after they’ve finished using it. So the user never has to leave your site. With the flyers and brochures, you can add your contact info, a logo and/or photo, and download the file to use however you see fit. Finally, with the social media resources, those are designed to be used right in your social media channels. In short, we’ve tried to make it as easy for these to become “your” resources as possible.

Finally, we’re going to continue to add more capabilities along these lines in the future, and so your feedback is very helpful. Feel free to contact me directly with questions/comments/ideas at [email protected].

Matt Derrick
Life Happens

Matt & Marv,

Thank you for the quick response!
I appreciate the resources. I'm going to send you an email with some thoughts & ideas related to this.

Back