IMO, GMA Thread Who Do You Like and Why?

TomZack

Super Genius
This subject has been covered off and on for a while. I am hoping this thread can be, more or less, an ultimate resource for newbies (I still consider myself as one).

This is focused largely for 'Life only' agents. Personally, I only work in Connecticut.

I am still finding my way in this industry. After earlier reading of DHK's wonderful summary for new agents - particularly the part about writing 'lower hanging fruit' like term policies as you make efforts for larger business, I am wondering who has found which orgs to be good partners in growing their business.

Specifically:
1) Marketing Materials from an IMO or GMA that have actually helped you prospect more effectively and actually help to write business.

this can break down further as:
a) Lead generation techniques
1) postcards
2) letters
3) digital efforts - ie. Facebook, Google, etc
b) Consumer facing videos, white paper reports, etc.

c) compelling presentations for
1) small businesses
2) families
d) or anything else some org has available that you have been able to use effectively.

I know that seminars are being marketed to agents for use all the time. I am not sure they are good for newer agents (if at all - I have heard good and bad about them)

I know Jeff Root is all about online term life selling. Has anyone grown from FES, mortgage, and lowest cost term selling to successfully grow into cash value answers to more sophisticated clients and situations?

If any of you more knowledgeable, experienced agents would be willing to share your own 'commercial' for a particular organization or even how you did managed to translate your efforts up the life insurance food chain, I would be really interested to hear about it.

or...even if you stayed niched in one area, how you made a successful career ($80-120K after expenses, let's say) and what orgs (if any) helped you get there.

I should say that I have researched a number of orgs and most seem to offer something, but not everything you would need. Hence this thread.

Thanks, in advance.

Back