Insurance for Two Old Folks

blue_wynd said:
I got someone asking me for quotes on 100k to 200k for each of her parents. One is 63 F and 66 M. The daughter in question only want the cheapest for the coverage. They are both in good health with no major medical issues. Non smokers. Anyone know of the companies for the best rates for a GUL or 20 yr term in this scenario?

I personally don't see the 20 year term if this is a permanent need. If the live beyond 83 and 86 she has nothing.

I personally don't see the 20 year term if this is a permanent need. If the live beyond 83 and 86 she has nothing.

I agree, however, if that is what they want, sell it.

I just issued a $250,000 20 year term on a 65 year old. It was from a lead from one of the FE posters here. This client's net worth Is about 2 million dollars. I am not arguing with him.

Anyone that does not want to write term on a "senior" send them to me. I respect them enough to know their own mind.

I agree, however, if that is what they want, sell it.

I just issued a $250,000 20 year term on a 65 year old. It was from a lead from one of the FE posters here. This client's net worth Is about 2 million dollars. I am not arguing with him.

Anyone that does not want to write term on a "senior" send them to me. I respect them enough to know their own mind.

The people who thought they wanted term didn't want it after I explained the consequences of living too long. However, if someone wants to be stupid enough to buy term I will sell it. I learned a long time ago you cannot fix stupid. I would also have them sign a disclaimer.

The people who thought they wanted term didn't want it after I explained the consequences of living too long. However, if someone wants to be stupid enough to buy term I will sell it. I learned a long time ago you cannot fix stupid. I would also have them sign a disclaimer.

We agree. In this case I also showed GUL at about $250. more per month. He chose and signed the illustration along with the application. I will offer conversation later of course.

But did I take the $250.mo he wanted to pay? You betcha!

I wish I was as stupid as this successful business owner is.

We agree. In this case I also showed GUL at about $250. more per month. He chose and signed the illustration along with the application. I will offer conversation later of course.

But did I take the $250.mo he wanted to pay? You betcha!

I wish I was as stupid as this successful business owner is.

I have no problem selling term to older folks. I have a $400,000 10 year in underwriting now for a 68 year old.

What I will not do is sell term for FE. That is a permanent need and I will not fill a permanent need with a temporary solution. The guy I'm doing the term policy for has a $25,000 whole life for his FE. The term is for a temporary situation.

When I meet with people I first find out why I'm there. It's most always for FE because they responded to a FE mailer. But, it they have me there for a different reason then I will see what I can do for them.

If it is for FE then part of my prestnation is to tell them that I will not sell them anything but fully guaranteed whole life for that need. I explain why and I also offer to give them the number of an agent that will sell them term for their FE needs. I have yet to have anyone ask me for that number once I've explained the reasoning.

Back