Just Got Life License in MN

twoduds

Hello,
I just got my MN life producer license.
I am looking for help to get me going in this field. I want to be independent agent rather representhing one insurance company. Also I do have couple friends ready to buy whole life policy from me.
Should I go to leading insurance company asking them to get me on board?
Should I tell them I already have two whole life policy customer?
What other wisdom/tips would you like to share to help me put by best first step forwards.

Thank you in advance.
Twoduds

Hello,
I just got my MN life producer license.
I am looking for help to get me going in this field. I want to be independent agent rather representhing one insurance company. Also I do have couple friends ready to buy whole life policy from me.
Should I go to leading insurance company asking them to get me on board?
Should I tell them I already have two whole life policy customer?
What other wisdom/tips would you like to share to help me put by best first step forwards.

Thank you in advance.
Two duds

So, there are 2 of you? I think one would be sufficient.:twitchy:

Good luck and welcome to the Forum.:yes:

Welcome to the forums and good luck!

Im also located in MN, so if you want to get together and talk Im all for that.

Id suggest looking at different IMOs?
Research, research, research.

Look around the forums, lots of information.

You're going to need leads & training. Bottom line. With no leads or training you'll be out of the business within 2 months. The biggest is getting leads that have a low cost & high return on investment.

Couple things to be looking out for: many IMO's will try to offer you cheap leads in exchange for low contracts. Don't even entertain the thought. That works great your first month. After that you're taking a huge pay cut & then they won't release your contracts when you find a better home. Better off starting at an IMO that offers the highest compensation.

Better off not going with an anonymous IMO who posts here with (not so) thinly veiled offers and promises of the "highest compensation". I would run from someone who has a signature link that, instead of going to a real, live website (like the respected IMO's here), takes you to a Private Message in an effort to lure you into a conversation.

If this person was transparent with his or her offer, no problem.

Welcome to the Forum, twoduds! Do your homework looking for IMO's. I always suggest making training a top priority starting out; you won't be here long without it. Research potential uplines, compare what is being offered BEFORE committing yourself to an impossible situation. Talk to the local agents and get their take on the situation. Before you make any decision, pray on it. Talk it over with your spouse, your mentor, and any other affected party. You are looking for the best combination of training and commission now; hopefully, within 18-24 mos.,you should be comfortable enough to be totally on your own. Good luck!

Better off not going with an anonymous IMO who posts here with (not so) thinly veiled offers and promises of the "highest compensation". I would run from someone who has a signature link that, instead of going to a real, live website (like the respected IMO's here), takes you to a Private Message in an effort to lure you into a conversation.

If this person was transparent with his or her offer, no problem.

You must be referring to Zueve.:yes:

Hello, I just got my MN life producer license. I am looking for help to get me going in this field. I want to be independent agent rather representhing one insurance company. Also I do have couple friends ready to buy whole life policy from me. Should I go to leading insurance company asking them to get me on board? Should I tell them I already have two whole life policy customer? What other wisdom/tips would you like to share to help me put by best first step forwards. Thank you in advance. Twoduds

If final expense is the route you want to pursue, feel free to call me. I've taken green-peas with no license to winning carrier trips around the world & being #1 with carriers within a year.

281-536-4220

Back