Just Signed Up with Company, Now What?

jm1080

FL
Hey guys, been roaming forums and asking questions. Before I was unsure of which company to join. I was planning New York Life, a guy was going to mentor me who made a lot of money, about 40k a month. In the ended up saying to find my clients and call him if I need anything...Not much mentorship there.. I decided to pursue Game Plan. A friend of mine is a independent broker and is with Game Plan and also has contacts with other insurance companies. Supposedly my contract is above street which has high commissions higher than NYL supposedly 100% and higher, not sure how it works though.

Like I said I'm still new. Well my friend was telling me to find warm clients from friends I know, etc in the mean time, and when he has clients he will take me to teach me and shadow him. Which seems better than the guy at NYL. Now I can find some friends whom may want to see what this is about, but how else do you find clients? Any good lead databases? He says he goes door to door to businesses, but like i said I'm still new and learning, still don't feel 100% comfortable with approaching until I get a technique or basic knowledge down. Anyways any help appreciated!

Some things to consider asking your mentor and/or your IMO. Answer these questions and you'll know exactly who to talk to, how to talk to them, and what to talk to them about.

1) What is your ideal market that you have greatest access to?
- Residential - which includes families and retirees?
- Business owners?

2) What kinds of problems does this market have? If you could put yourself into their shoes, what would YOU want your financial consultant to help you accomplish?

3) What problems do you solve? People don't care what you sell until they know what you can help them accomplish. If they can see how your product/strategy can help them accomplish their goals... they'll be more apt to buy it because they see it as a solution to their problems.

Bob Ritter's Blog #86: The #1 Reason Advisors Are NOT Getting Paid What They

4) How can you approach this market to introduce who you are and the problems you can help them solve?

5) Who will help you get the training to answer these questions and build up your skills to serve your marketplace? Start with your mentor and your IMO. If you get less than satisfactory answers, you might want to give the Insurance Pro Shop a call.

http://www.insuranceproshop.com/lifeinsurancemarketing/foundmoneymanagement3.html

Some things to consider asking your mentor and/or your IMO. Answer these questions and you'll know exactly who to talk to, how to talk to them, and what to talk to them about.

1) What is your ideal market that you have greatest access to?
- Residential - which includes families and retirees?
- Business owners?

2) What kinds of problems does this market have? If you could put yourself into their shoes, what would YOU want your financial consultant to help you accomplish?

3) What problems do you solve? People don't care what you sell until they know what you can help them accomplish. If they can see how your product/strategy can help them accomplish their goals... they'll be more apt to buy it because they see it as a solution to their problems.

4) How can you approach this market to introduce who you are and the problems you can help them solve?

5) Who will help you get the training to answer these questions and build up your skills to serve your marketplace? Start with your mentor and your IMO. If you get less than satisfactory answers, you might want to give the Insurance Pro Shop a call.

Thanks for response to all! As for my mentor/friend, for 1) He focuses more on business owners. Goes in door to door. But he does not do insurance as much as before. Does it more part time has been in the business for 19 years. This is what worries me about learning more and what to do next. Feel a bit lost.

He always tries to solve a clients problem or mentors them first before any sale. I feel that is the right thing to do ass well. Shows what the problem is and then explains how he can solve the problem.

I just want to have open doors and be sure I can make a great career out of it, just seem a bit lost at first, I'm guessing it is normal since it is the independent side?

That list posted of 100 things, is nice! Will be looking into those ideas :)

Back