Lapsed Life Insurance is No Life Insurance

I don't understand why this is even newsworthy. I sympathize with the beneficiary, but she has a helluva lot of nerve suing Jackson.

When mandatory premiums stop, policies lapse. Film at eleven.

Yet another example of our litigous [entitled] society. When you don't like the outcome, even when you yourself are negligent, then sue the b@stards! Thank goodness the court made the correct ruling here which at least helps protect the integrity of those that are responsible in meeting their obligation.

Additionally, this situation dovetails into a post a few days ago on the FE forum where a client didn't like bank drafts. Had the subject insured here used a bank draft the death benefit would likely been paid to the Beneficiary and she could have foregone this frivilous lawsuit.

Speaking of lapsed policies.. I was contacted by this client, via the company, and asked to drive two hours out there to rewrite her case that one of my former agents had written last year, after she'd made three payments and then let it lapse.

Would you drive two hours to put this back on the books?

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of lapsed policies.. I was contacted by this client, via the company, and asked to drive two hours out there to rewrite her case that one of my former agents had written last year, after she'd made three payments and then let it lapse.

TurnedAllMyBillsOvertoChrisJesus - YouTube

I hope you left skidmarks you were in such a hurry to get there. That is quality business.

TurnedAllMyBillsOvertoChrisJesus - YouTube

Good example of a wise use of your time....Now is there a reason the policy could not be rewritten over the phone or via mail? Even at that I might call only once or twice as the message screams lapse.

Back