Lead Vendor Scumbag Liars

MikeLentini

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I caught a few health lead vendors screwing their agents a few years back, so i figured i would test the life lead side of the business.

In the last year, since November, I have caught 3 lead vendors sharing "exclusive" leads.

With my phone system set up, I can activate 'virtual numbers" on the fly, as many as I want.

I have 3 computers with 3 different connections, cable, aircard, and wife's DSL line, so I put in 3 seperate fake leads in with individual numbers, individual IP connections, and specific zip codes that I chose.

2 of the leads (from 2 vendors) were sold to me as "exclusive", and 1 lead did not hit my account.

Of the 2 "exclusive" leads that I was charged for, other agents called me the same day (1 agent on 1 lead, and 2 agents on another)
1 agent told me he was charged for the exclusive lead also, the others said they were sold to they as shared.

The 3rd lead that was not sold to me was sold to 3 agents, 2 x as shared, and 1x as "exclusive"

??????????????????????????????????????

I confronted all of the lead vendors and they said basically the same thing, "Internet leads are not totally exclusive because people go to multiple quoting sites and fill out multiple inquiries."

The small problem was that I was the one that put in the test leads, so I pretty much know that I only filled out one form. All 3 lead vendors sold me, and other agents, the lead as exclusive

WTF???

When confronted with the full facts, they all said it was a fluke. Wow!!!! 3 flukes in a row with 3 different lead vendors. PLease don't believe them.

Someone should sue their asses once and for all.

Just know that they ALL are doing this. ALL OF THEM.

I confronted the owner of one of the big lead vendors in person at a sales event a few years back. I had the entire thing recorded on Camtasia (voice and video on a timeline of the leads getting produced, hitting my account, and getting called by other agents in 3 minutes.)

They threatened to sue me if I told anyone.

Not worth the fight, since no agents would ever back me up if they were included in a suit.

Most agents I have met would stab their mother in the neck to make a few bucks. Not trustworth IMHO.

Its not about stones.

A class action suit is really the only way to go, and you need more than 1 victim.

If I sue them individually, I can only collect the amount I was frauded out of.

If is can be proven that more than one customer was frauded, the entire company could be taken down in one swoop.

I had an attorney working on this last summer, and the 3 other agents that "were in" backed out right before we filed.

Like I said, no backbone in this industry when it comes to agents in general. Bunch of broke strokers.

Its not about stones.

A class action suit is really the only way to go, and you need more than 1 victim.

If I sue them individually, I can only collect the amount I was frauded out of.

If is can be proven that more than one customer was frauded, the entire company could be taken down in one swoop.

You do realize that most of these companies have bullet proof contracts, right? If you're that serious about it you should start a thread rallying other agents. My guess, any credible attorney is going to review what you signed and realize you don't have a case. Unless you can prove they are doing this intentionally you're probably better off letting it go. Do you have any evidence of this? If not, I'm sure there are plenty of attorney's willing to take your money. My guess is the reason the other agents backed out was because they needed to throw some chips in the game and they didn't have any, but I could be wrong about that.

Back