Liberty Mutual the New UA?

tommyk

Guru
100+ Post Club
Illinois
Received a telephone call yesterday, telling me about a new product being offered by Liberty Mutual. It is a term life policy til age 100. Sounds good right....then he proceeded to tell me that UA is moving their product lines to Liberty Mutual and that UA was one of the torchmark companies. There lead in is the provide someone a free $3000 disability policy and try to have the employer let you access his employees (must be a 125 company) and then you sell the term to 100. States 70% of the people take it.
Anyone else hear of this before?
I have heard of UA and torchmark.

Received a telephone call yesterday, telling me about a new product being offered by Liberty Mutual. It is a term life policy til age 100. Sounds good right....then he proceeded to tell me that UA is moving their product lines to Liberty Mutual and that UA was one of the torchmark companies. There lead in is the provide someone a free $3000 disability policy and try to have the employer let you access his employees (must be a 125 company) and then you sell the term to 100. States 70% of the people take it.
Anyone else hear of this before?
I have heard of UA and torchmark.

That's Liberty NATIONAL, not Mutual. In this time of quacks and scams, you will find very few that will let you in the door to give them a $3000 accident policy-- even for free. Although this sounds like a clever door opener, you'll find that the remaining products in your CAPTIVE portfolio are weak. Times just don't support supplemental insurance right now. Stick to true insurance, not the limited benefit crap.

That's Liberty NATIONAL, not Mutual. In this time of quacks and scams, you will find very few that will let you in the door to give them a $3000 accident policy-- even for free. Although this sounds like a clever door opener, you'll find that the remaining products in your CAPTIVE portfolio are weak. Times just don't support supplemental insurance right now. Stick to true insurance, not the limited benefit crap.

Sadly, there are still people who fall for it for free policy. You really have to wonder about the intelligence of someone who would value such a policy.

What about the agents that sell this policy? I can't say that they don't know any better. I know a couple that works for them just because they get "FREE" leads.

What about the agents that sell this policy? I can't say that they don't know any better. I know a couple that works for them just because they get "FREE" leads.

Truthfully, as a sales manager I used to love the newbies because you just train 'em and point them in the right direction and say "sic 'em." They'll go out there and touch limited success and think it is the greatest thing in the world. Eventually, they wake up and move on. Veteran agents can see through a "gimmick" like this before you even get past first base. The ONE rule of thumb: if they abandon you after contracting because they are off recruiting the next class-- you might as well go indy because that is what you just became anyway.

Actually. quite a few will let you in to give them the policy, at least in our area they do. Unfortunately, most of the people that will let you in do not have a checking account. The people that do have a checking account mostly have serious health problems.

The whole life is not terrible, it is not great either. Commission sucks on these products, and management does not seem to want long term agents. If you want more info on how they work, email me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The ONE rule of thumb: if they abandon you after contracting because they are off recruiting the next class-- you might as well go indy because that is what you just became anyway.

How true, just realized this for my self a couple of weeks ago. I am also in the process of going indy myself for that exact reason. I realize there is a very long road ahead of me. I would rather go indy and have little to no support, than to stay captive and still have the same limited to no support.

Last edited:
How true, just realized this for my self a couple of weeks ago. I am also in the process of going indy myself for that exact reason. I realize there is a very long road ahead of me. I would rather go indy and have little to no support, than to stay captive and still have the same limited to no support.

Your real problem is thinking you need support. Support for what? Maybe the home office for risk assessment, but beyond that there is no support needed.

Look in the mirror for support, you won't find it anywhere else.

Back