Licensing Question in Texas

TrillMoney

Hey folks, newbie here.
sorry if this is the wrong section to post on. But I was wondering if anyone here has gone through the licensing path with Primerica. I read all about the company ( not good I know ). But I don't actually plan on staying with them afterwards. An agent has approached me and I asked if I would be an independent agent and have no strings attached once I get licensed and he said yes. I just want the free tutoring and easier process of getting licensed. I know the fee is still there but I'd rather pay that and get help rather than pay for an online course that I will fall asleep on each slide show and end up not completing it. ( I've already tried one). Any insight? Thanks.

Hey folks, newbie here.
sorry if this is the wrong section to post on. But I was wondering if anyone here has gone through the licensing path with Primerica. I read all about the company ( not good I know ). But I don't actually plan on staying with them afterwards. An agent has approached me and I asked if I would be an independent agent and have no strings attached once I get licensed and he said yes. I just want the free tutoring and easier process of getting licensed. I know the fee is still there but I'd rather pay that and get help rather than pay for an online course that I will fall asleep on each slide show and end up not completing it. ( I've already tried one). Any insight? Thanks.

The problem with going with Primerica to begin with is that you'll be brainwashed into the "Buy term and invest the difference" thinking, along with "Anything but term is a ripoff" mentality. Don't buy into it! Buying term and investing the difference when you are young isn't a bad thing, but 90% (or more) don't invest the difference or they dip into it, ruining the whole concept.

You can probably find a local class that you can sit in on for your license if you search it out.

The problem with going with Primerica to begin with is that you'll be brainwashed into the "Buy term and invest the difference" thinking, along with "Anything but term is a ripoff" mentality. Don't buy into it! Buying term and investing the difference when you are young isn't a bad thing, but 90% (or more) don't invest the difference or they dip into it, ruining the whole concept.

You can probably find a local class that you can sit in on for your license if you search it out.

Thanks for the response. And yeah I've read that many times about them. Diluted downline,low commission, expensive product, etc etc. I just wanted to use the guy as a quick mentor to get my license and then dip. I've read bad reviews and low passing rates on the sit in classes here in Dallas so I avoided signing up for one. I'm really interested in selling annuities but with the grey area in the regs passing these days it seems as if insurance agents and securities are being combined.

Fiance went thru the the Primerica class, Two days all day long ( Sat and Sun) took test four days later and passed. She has left and joined me with another company. Any other questions PM me.

Hey folks, newbie here.

Why not just pay for and go to a live study class on your own? They are like $200 maybe a little more, depending on where you live. That would be alot better than trying to leech and use a company just for their training.

Back