Life Companies That Will Insure Childhood Onset Type 1 Diabetes

Agent 4 Life

Expert
Hey all,

I'm looking for life insurance coverage for my 34 year old husband. He has had Type 1 diabetes since age 6 and currently takes insulin 2x a day. He has also had asthma since childhood (is not on any medication currently except for Claritin when allergies kick up). Are there any companies that will insure him? If so, which are the most competitvely priced? Thanks for your help!

Hey all,

I'm looking for life insurance coverage for my 34 year old husband. He has had Type 1 diabetes since age 6 and currently takes insulin 2x a day. He has also had asthma since childhood (is not on any medication currently except for Claritin when allergies kick up). Are there any companies that will insure him? If so, which are the most competitvely priced? Thanks for your help!

You don't give your state of residence but if UHL/FFL is available in your state they will accept him on their Deluxe plan.. $118 month for 50K

Guaranteed issue a situation where a policy is offered to any eligible applicant without regard to health status. Often this is the result of guaranteed issue statutes regarding how insurance may be sold, or to provide a means for people with pre-existing conditions the ability to obtain insurance of some kind.

Guaranteed issue is a must for your husband due to the early diagnosis of type 1 diabetes. If it were later in life that would of been easier but now just get any company that offers GI LI. There's probably 1 million out there now.
You won't get much coverage over 50k, in fact many companies have limited this to 25k now and or in a group setting of employees.

After you get GI .... then apply for more coverage for what you really need. You don't want your hubby to get declined by any insurance company because they all talk with MIB.

It sad but they use tables to predict life span like stock prices. We are all stocks trading on different exchanges.

Hope this helps.

Guaranteed issue a situation where a policy is offered to any eligible applicant without regard to health status. Often this is the result of guaranteed issue statutes regarding how insurance may be sold, or to provide a means for people with pre-existing conditions the ability to obtain insurance of some kind.

Guaranteed issue is a must for your husband due to the early diagnosis of type 1 diabetes. If it were later in life that would of been easier but now just get any company that offers GI LI. There's probably 1 million out there now.
You won't get much coverage over 50k, in fact many companies have limited this to 25k now and or in a group setting of employees.

After you get GI .... then apply for more coverage for what you really need. You don't want your hubby to get declined by any insurance company because they all talk with MIB.

It sad but they use tables to predict life span like stock prices. We are all stocks trading on different exchanges.

Hope this helps.

What GI companies do you know of that will write a 34 year old?

Hope this helps.

It would help if you would get your facts straigh!t if you are going to give advice.United Home Life wia accept jjuvenile onset diabetics with immediate coverage.. It is not necessary to go GI.

----------

What GI companies do you know of that will write a 34 year old?

Columbian Life...... .

Matt is a good resource. GI is a last resort normally and for a 34 year old husband probably not going to provide near enough coverage. UHL is a good quick option.

A suggestion, if a larger amount is more in line, I may suggest getting a Single policy issued them put him in full underwriting for a much higher policy that will be more appropriate long term. He is probably the healthiest he will ever be.

Just my 2 cents

Lee

Thanks all...

I am going to look at UHL. Guaranteed issue is not an option because 50,000 is not enough as we have a young child. Hopefully, we can find something that will fit our needs.

Last edited:
Back