Life Company Recommendation?

FullAuto

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm looking for non-med life insurance for a 35 year old female. Either a 20 or 30 year term and $250-500k depending on price. Multiple policies to reach this amount of coverage is okay. Nothing bad in the family history (both grandmothers are still alive in their 90s). The negatives are gall bladder was removed in Nov. 2012 and she's on Ritalin SR (for something like ADD or ADHD). The medication seems to be an issue. I've talked to one independent and he told me the pills would be a deal breaker to a lot of companies.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a company or two that could do this type of policy? I'm not an agent. I'm a staff adjuster for a big name company that I don't belive is competitive in this market. This is for my wife. So I'm the customer here.

I take Ritalin SR (sustained release) (20mg) in the morning. I also have ADD/ADHD.

As long as you are compliant on your medication, there are no issues for underwriting.

I hate to say this, but that guy you talked to... doesn't know much.

I'm looking for non-med life insurance for a 35 year old female. Either a 20 or 30 year term and $250-500k depending on price. Multiple policies to reach this amount of coverage is okay. Nothing bad in the family history (both grandmothers are still alive in their 90s). The negatives are gall bladder was removed in Nov. 2012 and she's on Ritalin SR (for something like ADD or ADHD). The medication seems to be an issue. I've talked to one independent and he told me the pills would be a deal breaker to a lot of companies.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a company or two that could do this type of policy? I'm not an agent. I'm a staff adjuster for a big name company that I don't belive is competitive in this market. This is for my wife. So I'm the customer here.

Here my recommendation. I would reach out to Jeff Root (jroot) he can do the whole deal by email if you choose. Will shop all the term carriers And most likely already licensed in OK.

Is there more to this? Otherwise this is a pretty easy case based on what you have presented. A nice cover letter will take care of the gall bladder and ADHD, unless she is non-compliant on the meds.

I take Ritalin SR (sustained release) (20mg) in the morning. I also have ADD/ADHD.

As long as you are compliant on your medication, there are no issues for underwriting.

I hate to say this, but that guy you talked to... doesn't know much.

I didn't think it would be, but I don't work that side of the business. He sold me a policy but didn't try to sell me one for her.

----------

Is there more to this? Otherwise this is a pretty easy case based on what you have presented. A nice cover letter will take care of the gall bladder and ADHD, unless she is non-compliant on the meds.

She's complaint. I just was shopping for coverage on both of us and he only sold me a policy for myself. I figured since you guys make commission and he didn't even try it might be a bigger deal than I thought.

Is there any reason you don't want to do full underwriting with her? Or is it just because you thought it was a bigger issue?

What did you end up getting?

Is there any reason you don't want to do full underwriting with her? Or is it just because you thought it was a bigger issue?

What did you end up getting?
Neither of us are fans of giving blood. I'd have no problem with her doing full underwriting. She said she'd do it when I did. So non-med it is.

I actually did it about 10 years ago and backed out of the policy. At the time I qualified for super-preferred. But I have since been in a car wreck that required surgery to my left shoulder. Because of that, I was told I wouldn't qualify for the best rates. So I just went with non-med.

Neither of us are fans of giving blood. I'd have no problem with her doing full underwriting. She said she'd do it when I did. So non-med it is.

I actually did it about 10 years ago and backed out of the policy. At the time I qualified for super-preferred. But I have since been in a car wreck that required surgery to my left shoulder. Because of that, I was told I wouldn't qualify for the best rates. So I just went with non-med.

You really need a real Insurance agent. The guy you are using is he primarily a Final Expense or Mortgage term guy? Online agent?

The car wreck "might" impact your ability to get disability insurance, but not life insurance.

I've had and got life insurance with a few companies. Ever heard of Bell's Palsy? I had a case of that back in 2007. That's where half of your face is paralyzed for a period of time.

Even Bell's Palsy has not had an impact on my ability to get life insurance at appropriate rates.

I had just done some google searches and did some online quotes. I randomly picked one and contacted them. It was some guy out of Florida that I bought my policy from. His website was primarily life insurance it appeared. I'm not sure what else he did. I was really just working on a budget. I wanted as much coverage as I could get for a monthly price. But when the premiums were higher than I thought I'd qualify for, I settled for less on myself. And I still have nothing on my wife (other than what I get from my company which is 1x annual income for spouse).

Back