Life Insurance for Disabled People

get ready for amendments and policy delivery receipts and a random phone interview.

I hear about these things but they have been my go-to company for years and I haven't experienced these issues unless it was my own fault for making a stupid mistake on an app

Your better off not fully underwriting IMO. I like Great Western FE up to 40K, and a face amount bonus. I also LOVE Mutual of Omaha Accidental Death with ROP. I'll write the whole family for $500,000, and they love 'saving' $150 a month (since they get it all back after 30 years). Disability? NO PROBLEM, in fact for a 20-30 year old the #1 cause of death is due to an accident. Just get the accidental death policy. Issues next business day, and you get paid this week, client gets covered.

That accidental policy with Omaha only guarantees the rate for 5 years right? And you put 30 year ROP on it? Do they know it will be increasing premiums for 25 years?

This guy is 25 with a terribly messed up back caused by an injury in combat

He still walks and performs all daily living activities. It's just very painful. Will anyone do traditional wl underwriting?

What Ive noticed so far when it comes to disability with FU companies that you have to ask yourself is, "what extent does that disability impact daily living?"

As well as, "should their house catch on fire, how likely/quick are they to be able to get out by themselves?"

Most carriers Im with requires them to be able to perform ADLs with limited help. Otherwise its more so FE.

Your better off not fully underwriting IMO. I like Great Western FE up to 40K, and a face amount bonus. I also LOVE Mutual of Omaha Accidental Death with ROP. I'll write the whole family for $500,000, and they love 'saving' $150 a month (since they get it all back after 30 years). Disability? NO PROBLEM, in fact for a 20-30 year old the #1 cause of death is due to an accident. Just get the accidental death policy. Issues next business day, and you get paid this week, client gets covered.

Are you selling ADB as life insurance?

Back