Life Insurance Letter to New Home Buyers

newyorker55

Does anyone have a template for a life insurance letter to new home buyers, we are selling a ton of homeowners policies and I am looking for away to prospect to these new clients.

thanks let me know

Let me know if you find any. I am trying to draft up a mortgage protection insurance brochure to give out to new homeowners too. Wonder if the guy from Rosenthal files is around, think he has some literature.

As a recent homeowner I got to see first hand what a lot of folks are sending. FWIW, most of the letters tried to pitch it like they were from the mortgage company and that pretty much did more to piss me off than to make me want to reach out to them. Insurance isn't alone, there were a few others that were trying to do the same thing, but I would definitely recommend not trying to be cheeky about it.

I'm in the same boat... writing this very letter / email is on my "to do" list.

I plan on keeping it pretty basic. Hit a few bullet points about it being your biggest investment, protect your family's home etc...

I'm more than happy to share what I come up with.. not that it'll be perfect, but maybe something that others could use as a template to start with.

RW

As much as I would never recommend doing business with NAA they do have some sample mailers for Mortgage Protection on their website. Below is the link to them so you don't get any Koolaide spilled on you.

naaleads.com/pdf/Lead1.pdf[/url]

A plan... you have to have a plan.

Email with something very simple and to the point:

Thank you for recently placing your home insurance with our agency. As a valued client you may qualify to purchase our Mortgage Life and Disability coverage with NO PYSICAL EXAM.
Available Benefits Include:
• Death – Pays off your loan in the event of your death.
• Disability – Pays your monthly mortgage payment if you can’t work due to illness or injury

For immediate details with no cost or obligation, please reply to this email or call us anytime at 999-999-9999

Follow up phone call

Second Email

Second phone call

If no decision Yes / No Then they get tagged in the AMS as having been presented the offer... follow up at renewal / CLIENT BIRTHDAY

-DO NOT FORGET TO MARKET FOR LIFE ON CLIENT BIRTHDAY!! "We're just calling to wish you a happy birthday. In reviewing your file we notice that you still don't have a life insurance policy, I'd like to present you with a couple of quick numbers if you have a moment" - Have a quick quote handy for something as simple as a $100k / 10yr term....

Here's what we're using. Feel free to use/copy/edit/adjust etc.... if you make a million dollars with it, at least have the decency to buy me a beer. ;)

Thank you for recently placing your home insurance with our agency!

In reviewing your file we have noticed that you don’t yet have Life Insurance. If this is the case, we’re here to help. We can work with any budget to meet a variety of needs.

Some reasons to consider a life insurance policy:

• Pay off a mortgage
• Help pay the bills and meet ongoing living expenses for your family
• Finance future needs like your children’s education
• Pay for funeral costs
• Pay off outstanding debt, such as credit cards, student loans, auto loans etc.
• Continue a family business
• Protect a spouse’s retirement plans
• Estate taxes
• Protect a child’s insurability

For immediate details with no cost or obligation, please reply to this email or call us anytime at XXX-XXX_XXXX

How about a letter with a little shovel enclosed?

The bulk in the envelope gets the recipient to open it (maybe it's free pen or something he can use).

When he sees the shovel, it will make him curious enough to read the letter.

"Let us help dig the moat around your castle."

Back