Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Reply to Life Insurance -Minimum Deposit Plans     
Old 09-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
Expert

State: Colombianking49 is an Insurance Agent from New Jersey
Life Insurance -Minimum Deposit Plans Life Insurance -Minimum Deposit Plans
Can anyone explain this concept to me? Why would someone take a loan on a policy to make payments on the premium?

------------------------------------
Please be patient with me I am new to the Insurance field and plan on being a student before taking the test and changing my career path.
  Reply With Quote to Life Insurance -Minimum Deposit Plans

Old 09-26-2011, 07:19 PM   #3
Expert

State: Colombianking49 is an Insurance Agent from New Jersey
Life Insurance -Minimum Deposit Plans Re: Life Insurance -Minimum Deposit Plans Colombianking49 is the thread starter for: Life Insurance -Minimum Deposit Plans

Originally Posted by STIBROKER@AUSTIN.RR.COM View Post
because they are going to die in a month????????
reviewing my notes for the last chapter it just seemed odd...

Please be patient with me I am new to the Insurance field and plan on being a student before taking the test and changing my career path.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:55 PM   #4
Guru
BNTRS on Life Insurance -Minimum Deposit Plans - Insurance Forum

State: BNTRS is an Insurance Agent from Vermont
BNTRS is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Life Insurance -Minimum Deposit Plans Re: Life Insurance -Minimum Deposit Plans
This could mean one of two things.

1. Automatic Premium Loan

2. Premium Financing

I say it could mean two things because your original post was a little vague.

Based on the additional comment that you are studying for an insurance license, I'm betting this is number one and not number two as premium financing would not likely appear on the insurance license exam.

We'll tackle both.

Automatic premium loan is a retention provision to prevent policy lapse when a payment is missed. The policy uses a loan from cash value in the policy to satisfy the premium payment and prevent policy lapse.

You'd do this in the event you find money a bit tight in a given month. The policy loan would carry you through to the next month when cash might be more plentiful and you can continue to pay premiums.

Premium financing is an advanced life insurance concept. It's a process of borrowing money to pay for premiums and waiting for cash value in the policy to build and be used to repay the loan. It's not a process for the faint of heart, and requires some substantial networth to even be a candidate. The benefit to the client is a much lower net out of pocket cost to acquire the life insurance coverage, with the ability to retain the cash that is above a beyond the money needed to repay the loan. Again, if you're new, not something you'd expect to be doing anytime soon if even in the next decade of your career, or maybe ever.

Insurance Guru extraordinaire!

The Insurance Pro Blog

The Salus Agency

Register Now for FREE!
Are you an Insurance Forums member yet ? To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please fill out the form below !

Username:     Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   How many stars are in USA flag? I agree to forum rules 

Reply to Life Insurance -Minimum Deposit Plans 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum

Tags
life insurance