Life Insurance Online Enrollment

mcw123

Pretty new to the business. What I want to know is there any life insurance companies which allow you to enroll a client online?

I just contracted with AIG and have not been able to review all the products or enrollment policies.

Any AIG producers out there who want to give me pointers that would be appreciated too.

Thanks.

I believe West Coast Life has an online enrollment process and they obtain signatures during the paramed. I am sure there are others as well.

Brokers Alliance might step in here and help out since they are who I work with and tipped me off to WCL.

With AIG and many others, you can fill out the application over the phone and have the paramed company collect the signatures and other requirements when they take the paramed. It's not exactly online enrollment, but essentially it's the same because you don't need to see the insured.

For example, if you use www.portamedic.com and request the paramed online, there is an option to have the examiner bring the application and other requirements for the insured to sign. It's free to have an online account with Portamedic and doesn't cost you anything to do this.

You can give detailed instructions in your "remarks" section and upload the application to the order. You should highlight everywhere that needs to be signed so nothing is missed before you scan and upload.

West Coast Life is the only company that I know of and have used for online apps. The system works fairly well, but you don't order the exam, and are basically out of the loop, until the client is accepted or declined.

AIG does not have online enrollment. If you take the earlier poster's advice about having portamedic witness signatures, let me know how that works out. :rolleyes:

I know of several - but all non med simple issue stuff.

Fidelity and HSBC for sure - but again non med.

AIG will have TeleApp by Oct from my understanding.

Good luck.

American General and West Coast both have a "ticket" application available. This a one page simple questionnaire, the applicant doesn't need to sign. The home office will complete the entire application over the phone through a phone interview, they send the completed application to the exam for signature. The application is return with the exam and lab slip.

If you are looking for digital signature applications, both West Coast Life and American General are working on the technology however, hasn't been releaseed as of yet. Fidelity Life does have a digital signature process currently in place.

Anna x 112

American General and West Coast both have a "ticket" application available. This a one page simple questionnaire, the applicant doesn't need to sign. The home office will complete the entire application over the phone through a phone interview, they send the completed application to the exam for signature. The application is return with the exam and lab slip.

If you are looking for digital signature applications, both West Coast Life and American General are working on the technology however, hasn't been releaseed as of yet. Fidelity Life does have a digital signature process currently in place.

Anna x 112

West Coast's hasn't been released yet? I took my first online application with them 2 years ago, digital sigs and all.

It amazes me how much information and misinformation flys around this board. WCL has an EZ app website devoted to this process and issues a separate password to access it. This is the only fully underwritten company that I know of that has this in place. It is not a tele app ticket. This is a fact, not arguable.

Last edited:

Anna x 112

Where would one find this "ticket" application with AGLA?

For the American General Ticket Application - please call me I will get you a copy.

BTW - It is certainly NEVER my intention to give misinformation. If that is what was interpreted - I do apologize. I will confirm the information above and provide complete details.

After further review - the West Coast Life EZ Application process is the EXACT same process as the WCL paper Telelife process - other than the agent completes the telelife pre-application questions on-line and submits it to the telelife department electronically rather than faxing the paper Telelife application.

The home office will complete the telephone interview with the Telelife application submitted (using the electronic version of the application EZ app or the paper "Telelife" faxed to the home office). The interviewer will ask the full version of the state specific application questions. This is then sent the applicant for signature, a paramedical is scheduled at this time. The examier then will pick up the SIGNED application from the applicant at the time of exam.

Now if you are asking if there is a way for an applicant to e-sign (i.e. digitally sign) the application online (like you do when you submit taxes online - which is what I thought you were asking in the first place). Fidelity Life does have that process in place. US Financial also had this in place prior to not accepting any new business.

West Coast and American General are developing the technology to support digitally signed applications (E signature) however, as I stated previously this has not been released.

I hope this helps with your question "What I want to know is there any life insurance companies which allow you to enroll a client online".

Anna - x 112

Back