Life Insurance Sales Old School Door to Door

I am not sure I follow...the money is for fun expenditures and toyz, but I still want to spend my time in a manner that is most profitable.

How is working sales/commissions not the way to go? I work during the week M-F as a service manager for a large IT firm. That gives me weekends and evenings to go out and hit it.

Selling 1-2 life insurance policies a week would still net me $1500-$2000 in commissions even on term. What alternatives would you suggest that are better?
We'll if you're going to do it, evenings and weekends are the best times.

I would just assume they already have some coverage and offer to review it for them.

Common triggers for life insurance evaluation are marriage, the birth of a child, purchase of a home, retirement, job changes, promotions, etc.

I would just assume they already have some coverage and offer to review it for them.

Do you really believe most of the middle class have their own standalone life insurance? Most people I encounter rely on their group life insurance at work (much to their own detriment).

I am not sure I follow...the money is for fun expenditures and toyz, but I still want to spend my time in a manner that is most profitable.

How is working sales/commissions not the way to go? I work during the week M-F as a service manager for a large IT firm. That gives me weekends and evenings to go out and hit it.

Selling 1-2 life insurance policies a week would still net me $1500-$2000 in commissions even on term. What alternatives would you suggest that are better?

Your still trading time for money.... Nothing wrong with that.

If you want to sell one or two a week I would be selling to your co-workers at lunch.

Or refer everyone to an agent and take half for your referral fee.

If you want to sell one or two a week I would be selling to your co-workers at lunch.

Everybody trades time for money if they work.

A little difficult for me...I work from home and my corporate offices are in Seattle. Nary a co-worker nearby :)

Do you really believe most of the middle class have their own standalone life insurance? Most people I encounter rely on their group life insurance at work (much to their own detriment).

You will do much better if your language/script assumes they have some and then acting surprised if they tell you they don't. Lots of reasons for this, so won't go into it.

You, I and every agent on the forum know the distinction between an individual policy and a group certificate. The vast majority of the people you talk to on the street don't.

The "I have it through work" is a very common objection you will have to learn how to overcome.

Back