Life Insurance Sales Old School Door to Door

MaxReaver

Expert
Texas
A college kid came around my house selling pest control service. After we signed up with him, he gave me the low down on how he gets paid...little champ is averaging $35 a hour using those brass balls to knock those doors. It got me thinking...

Has anyone given a real go lately of selling life insurance door-to-door? I am not referring to Final Expense style knocking on doors of 50+ year olds.

I am talking picking a neighborhood with homes north of $250k and just kickin' it old school?

What types of products work best? Anyone want to share any experiences?

Oh yes, very legit. We've been in regular communication and he's doing great! Now he's looking at independent options since he might as well get paid more for breaking the "New York Life" mold.

Man...that's a great thread. Is that dude legit? Very encouraging...

He may be legit. But it doesn't appear he's very efficient. A lot of work for not much money.

But he's having fun!!:yes:

And that's why we all work, right?:goofy:

And he is buying leads. He's actually buying the most expensive leads known to man. He's paying for his with time.

Last edited:
He may be legit. But it doesn't appear he's very efficient. A lot of work for not much money.

But he's having fun!!:yes:

And that's why we all work, right?:goofy:

And he is buying leads. He's actually buying the most expensive leads known to man. He's paying for his with time.

Am I missing something? At a 100% term contract, by my estimates, he would have made somewhere near $35,000+ in 19 days (from 5/10 to 5/29). Is that right? That is $230 an hour+

I may be missing something here...

Am I missing something? At a 100% term contract, by my estimates, he would have made somewhere near $35,000+ in 19 days (from 5/10 to 5/29). Is that right? That is $230 an hour+

I may be missing something here...

Seems he said his contract was somewhere well less than that.

And he's talking written business. Not issued paid.

Seems he said his contract was somewhere well less than that.

And he's talking written business. Not issued paid.

Yes...I guess being in a career shop will eat into your $$...no wonder he is looking at going indy.

Still awesome though...dude didn't pay a dime for a lead and walked out with thousands in his pocket. It is great to create something from nothing like that. If he does go indy, he will be putting some real cheddar in his pocket!

It just goes to show you that someone without a lot of marketing $$$ can still hustle and get it done!

Yes...I guess being in a career shop will eat into your $$...no wonder he is looking at going indy.

Still awesome though...dude didn't pay a dime for a lead and walked out with thousands in his pocket. It is great to create something from nothing like that. If he does go indy, he will be putting some real cheddar in his pocket!

It just goes to show you that someone without a lot of marketing $$$ can still hustle and get it done!

He paid a dear price for those leads. The highest price possible. He paid with time.

He paid a dear price for those leads. The highest price possible. He paid with time.

Yes...well. Some people have more time than money. And he managed to convert his time at $100+ an hour even with reduced career shop commissions - commendable by all regards.

Back