Life Insurance Sales ????????????

here is a complete and true answer to your question. 1) always work with warm leads i.e. referrals. 2) get IN FRONT of the person, do not sell on the PHONE. 3) Take a fact finder focusing on the person's total need for life insurance. 4) Get a discovery agreement outlining what issues you are going to solve for your client AND the clients FELT NEED to solve the problem. 5) Set up another meeting, go back to your office, design the solution. 6) At the second meeting solve the need through life insurance and ASK the client to take action... Done.

Can you give a short example of a discovery agreement?

He is able to get on the phone and say "Hi, this is Joe Smith with triple A. You have your house and car insurance with triple A. (pause) We are calling triple A clients to discover if they have needs for other coverage, say to protect the family from an unexpected death, especially those triple A clients with a new arrival or a new mortgage or new spouse. A lot of people don't know that triple A can cover your life as well as your property. Is this a conversation you want or need to have with triple A which is a company you know and trust?"

To me, this is too wordy. I would simply call and ask them (after warm small talk regarding members of the family, etc) "Who do you have your Life Insurance with?"

Your scenario, while telling them stuff they already know (you have your house and car with us) ends with a yes/no question while mine forces the client to tell you who they are with OR, hopefully, they don't have life insurance.

He is able to get on the phone and say "Hi, this is Joe Smith with triple A. You have your house and car insurance with triple A. (pause) We are calling triple A clients to discover if they have needs for other coverage, say to protect the family from an unexpected death, especially those triple A clients with a new arrival or a new mortgage or new spouse. A lot of people don't know that triple A can cover your life as well as your property. Is this a conversation you want or need to have with triple A which is a company you know and trust?"

To me, this is too wordy. I would simply call and ask them (after warm small talk regarding members of the family, etc) "Who do you have your Life Insurance with?"

Your scenario, while telling them stuff they already know (you have your house and car with us) ends with a yes/no question while mine forces the client to tell you who they are with OR, hopefully, they don't have life insurance.

You mean like this:

"Hi Miz. Jones, this is Billy Bob Smith your triple A agent. You know I was thinking of you today and I just thought I'd pick up the phone and see how you were doin'... You're doing fine... glad to hear it. What about Muffin is she enjoying that new car you bought her for college. ... She is making straight As? Wonderful. And that beautiful house you have insured with us, I'm glad you have not had to make a claim, but if you do you be sure to call me OK? ... Tell me somethin' Miz Jones who do you have your live coverage with."

I'm good with that. I'm sure that will work for many agents... especially on a warm call when you actually know the client.

* * *​

ends with a yes/no question

I personally lik getting to "no" quickly. No matter what I'm selling, I'm expecting a lot of 'no's ' and I want to get through them as fast as possible and reach people who have been thinking about what I sell... or reach people where I can maybe light a tiny spark of interest so that they will think about it and maybe call later or who will be comfortable with me calling them again.

A great book on the theory of 'no' is:

https://www.amazon.com/Yes-Destination-How-You-There-ebook/dp/B00507TDJM

41uNuJiM05L.jpg

I personally lik getting to "no" quickly. No matter what I'm selling, I'm expecting a lot of 'no's ' and I want to get through them as fast as possible and reach people who have been thinking about what I sell... or reach people where I can maybe light a tiny spark of interest so that they will think about it and maybe call later or who will be comfortable with me calling them again.

Here is the difference, your friend will sometimes get told no as a knee jerk reaction. PCB will get told no after they actually gave it some thought.

Like you, I want to get to the no as fast as possible, however I want it to be genuine, not a knee jerk reaction.

Most people know that they SHOULD have life insurance, but they never make the leap to finding our more about it - it's super intimidating for the general public. Not only that, but it's two subjects a lot of people just don't like talking about: death and money.

I always want to tell people that it's way more affordable and simpler than you think. I also bring humor to the beginning of the conversation. Once we get into a real life needs analysis, I drop the jokes, but I want to open that door with humor.

Just a quick 2 cents. Good luck!

Many people make the leap beyond I need life insurance. They will go online and calculate how much life insurance they should have. The most online calculators would recommend 8 to 10 times annual salary. They may also hire a fee only advisor to calculate their life insurance need and discuss it with their spouse.

Well beyond, that is applying and going through medical tests. That seems to be where most young couples stop.

Back