Life Insurance for a Surgery

erexsha

Hello,

I'm a 33 years old single male. Because of an unexpected condition, I need a major surgery soon (1 to 2 month). Can I get a life insurance for just this surgery?
Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
-A

The phrase "unexpected condition" in your question is like some gigantic truck that carries hundreds of smaller trucks, half of which carry cans of worms and the other half of which carry can openers.

(In other words, what's the medical condition? It's first necessary to figure out if you can get any kind of coverage)

I have cervical stenosis in two levels and I am going to have my my disks replace with prodisc-c artificial discs.

-A

The short answer is no. There will be records of your condition and a question you will be asked is are you currently seeing a doctor? What for? Also some ask if you have any upcoming medical treatments planned?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But that said, as soon as you recover GET some freaking coverage. Remember this "ahead of time", not during or after.

Good luck with your surgery.

Hello,

I'm a 33 years old single male. Because of an unexpected condition, I need a major surgery soon (1 to 2 month). Can I get a life insurance for just this surgery?
Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
-A

Insurance companies are not charitable organizations. Their interest is to collect premiums and make as much profit as possible for their shareholders. Insurance is a process wherein the financial consequence of an event-risk is transferred from the individual to a pooled risk management entity (the insurance company).

In theory, anything and any event can be insured provided that one is prepared to pay the premium. You will likely find that no standard market life insurance company will be willing to consider insuring you at this point, and particularly not "just for the surgery". Incidentally, don't even think of not disclosing your medical state and expected surgery. If you omit such disclosure, you'll be paying for worthless paper.

There are some insurers who will issue "no medical questions asked" paper; however, you would be well advised to READ the paper - the actual contract documents, not just the advertising brochures (Tip: Start with the finest print where the traps are usually buried).

Hello,

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
-A

Huh? Life insurance for a surgery? Life insurance is for the living assuming you would want to benefit someone who has an insurable interest in your life (spouse, child or children) when you die. Are you anticipating that you may die as a result of this operation? Perhaps you meant health insurance to cover the cost of the operation. The answer is a resounding NO----you are too late. That would be like calling for fire insurance on your house as the fire department is responding to your call for help! Anyway, in any case, you could not get health insurance to cover a specific surgery.

They almost all ask if there's been a procedure that's been recommended but hasn't yet been completed. You can lie, but there is usually a 2 year contestability period where they will look back and your beneficiary will only get whatever premium you paid in.

Good luck with your surgery, but as has been stated before...it's too late. Make sure you buy coverage after you recover though.

Back