Life Insurances on Kids

The Baltimore life product is around 15$ a month on a $15000 20 pay on 0-10 year old with dividends adding to face value. Illustrates to around 30000 death benefit at age 70-80.

And no I don't have contracts, or offer leads or support. Ritter has a good contract.

I was searching for some info on kids and came across this old thread. It has some really good info in it, so I thought I would bump it up.

I'm interested in seeing what carriers/products you guys are using now (almost 6yrs later) to insure kids. I was wondering if any carrier(s) have really stepped into this niche.

I think MassMutual might still have the best policy for children with their GIO or GPO rider that guarantees they can increase their coverage up to $100,000 each time, at multiple ages. So a $100,000 children's policy can grow to about $600,000 after taking advantage of all the GPO options. I might have the numbers wrong, but I think they're still the best one out there for children.

Yes Newby from 2010. Lafayette goes down to $5,000 and pays dividends.

Newby from 2010... LOL :laugh:

That's exactly why I posted it. I figured either folks learned something different in 6yrs, or things have changed a bit.

Newby from 2010... LOL :laugh: That's exactly why I posted it. I figured either folks learned something different in 6yrs, or things have changed a bit.

2010 Newby was better looking but 2016 Newby is smarter.

Yes Newby from 2010. Lafayette goes down to $5,000 and pays dividends.

The problem I ran into a few years ago with Lafayette are their dividends on kids are terrible. I ran a quote for $25,000 on a 11 year old and the dividend at age 60 was like a dollar. I believe they told me that at age 18 they get the dividends of a smoker or something to that effect.

Last edited:
Back