Life Requirements By January

mncfproducer

Hi, I am a captive agent working in Minnesota. I have been presented an opportunity by my District Manager to take over an existing book of business if I can sell 21,000 in Annual Life Premium by January 17th. My 30th birthday. I currently have about 4500 on the books. I am reaching out to all of the agents on here who seem to really have a good grasp on how to prospect and sell life insurance. I do not have alot of money saved up to purchase leads, so any help in ways to generate my own leads would be greatly appreciated.

I am not afraid of hard work, I just need a little help putting together a plan to get to where I need to be by January, or even sooner. I am able to sell Whole Life, Term, UL, and SUL. Thanks in advance for any help

4 months to sell 21K (16.5K?) AP should be easy to do. I'm surprised your DM can't help you devise a plan. Why you even want to continue being a captive escapes me but I'm sure you have your reasons.

Cheapest way to attain your goal is ask everyone you see and talk to, on a daily basis...who they have their life insurance with. That alone will spark interest in a few, at the very least.

Then you can spend a few bucks and get a targeted list of folks between 30-50 who make 25K-100K annually. You should get some decent premium by cold calling (get a free SAN for DNC) with a good script.

If I were you, I would spend more and get some aged leads and go that route for the next few months. Aged Insurance Leads | Life Health Auto Mortgage | NEXT WAVE Marketing Strategies is a good source for that or Aged Insurance Leads | Aged Life Insurance Leads | Aged Health Insurance Leads | Aged Auto Insurance Leads ....both are trusted by many Forum members.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the help PCB, i really appreciate it. The main reason I am Captive, is this is where i got hired. I don't really know any other companies who are hiring around my area. I am always open to new opportunities, however if initial capital is needed to get started as an independent, I just don't have it right now. If you could point me in the right direction of better opportunites I would greatly appreciate it. The book i would be inheriting provides about 83k in renewal commsions.

So you're in a P&C shop, right? Are the life options you offer competitive in the marketplace? If you care to share, which life companies do you offer? Minnesota Life right in your backyard is competive.

Yes I am in the PC shop as well, i sent you a message with the company information

----------

And to be honest with you, the Life premium that i have written, i havent had to compete with anyone else for the business, so i do not know if i am competitive or not.

#1 - Have an "annual review" with everyone you previously met with 6+ months ago. You can use a "priority approach" from the VSA: Priority Approaches

#2 - Have a process to gain professional introductions from your ELATED clients. I recommend getting the training from Sandy Schussel here for $37: Sandy’s Books/Audio « Sales Training for Financial Advisors and Attorneys, Coaching for Coaches

Now that you have a strategy to work with those you KNOW... how about filling the rest of your time trying to reach people you don't yet know?

There are two basic markets: residential and business. I would suggest that you avoid businesses (unless you're already doing it). The reason to avoid them is that it takes a long time to finally get to a decision maker. In the same amount of time, you could talk to a lot of residential decision makers.

To contact potential residential clients, you have two options: Phone or in-person. With the phone, you have to ensure that you are compliant with the DNC regulations - especially if you were planning to make calls using a firm-paid telephone line. In addition... now think about this... those you CAN call who are NOT on the DNC... aren't they getting tons of other telemarketing calls too? What if you could reach those who most people CANNOT reach in a legal way?

I recommend door-knocking and introducing yourself in-person. You avoid all the DNC issues... because if they give you their phone number and permission to call... that's a legal exemption. In addition, you'll stand out as someone professional... because most 'door-knockers' are selling magazines ("to keep me off drugs"), alarm systems, cable services,... and girl scout cookies. When was the last time a professional came to your home?

If it sounds like hard work... it is. The question you have to ask yourself is if you can be EFFECTIVE in starting good conversations with people to either set an appointment with you... or give you permission to keep in touch/follow up later.

Being effective is NOT about you talking about what you do or the products you sell. Being effective is all about getting others to talk about THEIR problems... and how you may be able to solve them.

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...nsurance/guidance-new-life-agents-t29999.html

Hi, I am a captive agent working in Minnesota. I have been presented an opportunity by my District Manager to take over an existing book of business if I can sell 21,000 in Annual Life Premium by January 17th. My 30th birthday. I currently have about 4500 on the books. I am reaching out to all of the agents on here who seem to really have a good grasp on how to prospect and sell life insurance. I do not have alot of money saved up to purchase leads, so any help in ways to generate my own leads would be greatly appreciated.

I am not afraid of hard work, I just need a little help putting together a plan to get to where I need to be by January, or even sooner. I am able to sell Whole Life, Term, UL, and SUL. Thanks in advance for any help

Sounds like a good deal if you hit the premium goal. If I were in your shoes, here is what I would do:

1. Make a list of agency clients you can contact. Pitch every single one of them, this will be your warmest list.

2. Call friends you have that could be a fit and ask them for their help. I would probably just tell them your situation and ask if you can quote their current coverage. They will probably want to help you. Ask them if there is anyone else they know who you could contact.

3. Call business owners either in person or on the phone. Tell them you sell life insurance and offer to quote their coverage. You need very qualified people in a short time period. If you weren't trying to sell life insurance specifically in a shorter time period, I would use a different approach.

If you do enough of that every day until January, you will get there.

I wanted to update everyone on my progress so far. The first day I wrote 2 kid WL policies, which totaled 53 dollars in monthly premium, and since I have written 3 term policies 1 with 35 monthly premium, 1 with 65 monthly premium, and 1 with 50 monthly premium. So I think I am off to a good start so far. Thanks again everyone for all the help. I greatly appreciate it, and will keep you updated. GOD BLESS

Back