Lincoln IUL

johndewars

SC
for you guys who sell IUL, have you seen a better contract than LFG? i know penn mutual is pretty good. anything else? LFG is tough to beat right now. i also heard they are considering adding the income rider to the IUL that is available on the reserve.

Seek out scagnt83 and ask him, he's the resident UL guy. When you want to know about WL, come find me ;)

for you guys who sell IUL, have you seen a better contract than LFG? i know penn mutual is pretty good. anything else? LFG is tough to beat right now. i also heard they are considering adding the income rider to the IUL that is available on the reserve.

IMO LFG is best.

Their 2011 IUL has a 5% fixed loan rate from year 6 on (6% before), and loans are NDR.

It also has a 13% cap.

The new 2011 IUL cut the load in half for the first five years; this puts it in line with ING and under Penn.

Combine that with company strength and you have an extremely hard to beat product!!

Penn & ING come close though.

Penn has a 2% floor compared to LFG & ING at 1%.
Penn also uses monthly allocation segments and gives you the ability to DCA annual premiums.

Penn gives you the choice of NDR with Indexed loans, but plays a bit with the crediting method.

The 2% floor is a great feature though.
Penn also has great financials.

Last but not least is ING.

They have two accumulation based IULs, and a GIUL (guaranteed). I will only speak of the two accumulation IULs.

One is traditional S&P 500. The other is a Global IUL with a 3year lookback against the HangSeng/Euro 1000/S&P 500 (it takes the top two).

I like both.
But with the room for growth in asia, and the stagnation in the states, and the crushing debt across the pond; I like having the asian exposure more and more!
However, I am not a big fan of the 3 year crediting, I wish it was yearly or bi-yearly.

ING has great loan provisions too.
3% max years 1-10 and 2.15% max thereafter for DR loans.
6% fixed for NDR loans.

Those are my top three carriers for IUL.

Yes, there are companies that pay higher comp or have higher targets. And yes there are carriers that have uncapped products, etc. etc.

But I havent found any that let you access your money as cheaply as the above three and has all the other features.

The uncapped policies are tempting, but most all have 0% floors. So you will have to put around 30% into the fixed account to cover yearly expenses in 0% years.
Also, I have found most of them to be pretty expensive internally when compared to other options.

With PI, its not how much you accumulate, its how much you can access!

But in short, LFG is my favorite hands down. I just placed one with them yesterday!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Allianz has a pretty killer comp on their IUL's

And if their comp is a lot higher than everyone else, how do you think they make up for that????

Do you really think their general account and options purchasers are that much better than everyone else?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Duh. PUAs and excess commission is for losers. You're not a loser, are you? :skeptical:

lol. I dont think im a loser.... wait... maybe only a loser would say that... :1eek:

Last edited:

Look at the question. He said contract! In terms of service with the carrier I prefer Aviva. Aviva is currently number 3 in the IUL market.

Look at the question. He said contract! In terms of service with the carrier I prefer Aviva. Aviva is currently number 3 in the IUL market.

Are you aware that a Life Insurance Policy is a binding legal contract?

And if the question is about comp then it would depend on his production... & I doubt anyone thinks LFG has the best IUL comp

Very aware, but the question was extremely vague and I took it as comp. Lincoln tends to have favorable underwrtiting but in my dealings with them they are very unorganized. Thats just me. If you are going to scrutinize an answer, then please also look at the question. We are all on this board to become more knowledgeable about the products and problems that may arise in this industry.
Thanks for considering this

Very aware, but the question was extremely vague and I took it as comp. Lincoln tends to have favorable underwrtiting but in my dealings with them they are very unorganized. Thats just me. If you are going to scrutinize an answer, then please also look at the question. We are all on this board to become more knowledgeable about the products and problems that may arise in this industry.
Thanks for considering this

I'm glad someone else agrees with me that LFG is disorganized. How many years ago did they buy Jefferson Pilot? They still haven't gotten that all straightened out. Call Indiana for this, call Greensboro for this and New Hampshire for that.

Back