Locked Up...(but Wants Life Insurance)

I highly doubt it. Read the exclusions, I have never seen an accidental death policy that did not exclude while incarcerated.

As to Calstar, I would say one that question #4 applies, unable to work. Additionally, as I recall they require the insured to sign up themselves and do random verifications.

The way I understand it, they mean are they physically able to work 20 hours a week.

The application is done on line. I believe prisons have computers. They take credit cards and DE.

"I authorize the sales organization to charge me for the above total. I further affirm that the name and personal information provided on this form are true and correct. I further declare that I understand and accept the sales organization's terms and conditions.

By checking the box, I acknowledge that I understand and agree to the authorization."

http://www.enrollment123.com/media/1064/Terms and Conditions 7-08.pdf

It doesn't matter to me, but I think it could be done.:yes:

The way I understand it, they mean are they physically able to work 20 hours a week.

The application is done on line. I believe prisons have computers. They take credit cards and DE.

"I authorize the sales organization to charge me for the above total. I further affirm that the name and personal information provided on this form are true and correct. I further declare that I understand and accept the sales organization's terms and conditions.

By checking the box, I acknowledge that I understand and agree to the authorization."

http://www.enrollment123.com/media/1064/Terms and Conditions 7-08.pdf

It doesn't matter to me, but I think it could be done.:yes:

I have no idea what access prisoners may have to computers and being online. Does he know his card number? And how would they handle the verification call? Also, does it have any exclusion that would pertain to being in prison?

Ultimately I am with you, doesn't matter either way to me. Were it me I'd go with a pure GI plan. May not cover accidental death while incarcerated but at least you don't have to worry about anything else.

I have no idea what access prisoners may have to computers and being online. Does he know his card number? And how would they handle the verification call? Also, does it have any exclusion that would pertain to being in prison?

Ultimately I am with you, doesn't matter either way to me. Were it me I'd go with a pure GI plan. May not cover accidental death while incarcerated but at least you don't have to worry about anything else.

I believe they have access to computers in prison. He could easily get the #, if he doesn't have one, he could use a relatives.

I haven't heard anything about a verification call. I posted a link for the terms and conditions.

The only GI that goes below age 40 is Columbian and they go to 25. CalStar goes to 18.

I only picked them up because it fills a gap. Since I work the senior market, I probably won't ever have the need for them. They don't take up any physical space since it's completely on line, so I have them.

I believe they have access to computers in prison. He could easily get the #, if he doesn't have one, he could use a relatives.

I haven't heard anything about a verification call. I posted a link for the terms and conditions.

The only GI that goes below age 40 is Columbian and they go to 25. CalStar goes to 18.

I only picked them up because it fills a gap. Since I work the senior market, I probably won't ever have the need for them. They don't take up any physical space since it's completely on line, so I have them.

I'm going to let the prison part go as neither one of us really knows what they can and cannot do on a computer in prison.

You should read the material a little more closely.

NOTE: The Primary Member must either complete an application, personally enroll online or personally enroll via phone. Via telephone, we randomly confirm that the Primary member personally enrolled for this plan. If we are unable to confirm that a member enrolled for this plan, the member will be terminated.

How often they do this, I have no idea. It does seem unlikely the person would be able to complete a telephone verification if selected.

I'm going to let the prison part go as neither one of us really knows what they can and cannot do on a computer in prison.

You should read the material a little more closely.

NOTE: The Primary Member must either complete an application, personally enroll online or personally enroll via phone. Via telephone, we randomly confirm that the Primary member personally enrolled for this plan. If we are unable to confirm that a member enrolled for this plan, the member will be terminated.

How often they do this, I have no idea. It does seem unlikely the person would be able to complete a telephone verification if selected.

I guess I skimmed over that a little quicker than I can read.:twitchy:

Like I said, I doubt I ever write one.

Very stupid question...I think. I have a fex client who's brother is behind bars. She wants to cover him and I told her I don't think its possible...however I want to check with you guys first.

Would anyone touch this?

Pre-need insurance always works fine on those cases. Ages 0-85 and totally GI. But if your guy is healthy he would be 1st day full coverage. I don't think Preneed companies ask any incarceration questions.

You don't even have to go to the prison for signatures. The sister can just sign.

Very stupid question...I think. I have a fex client who's brother is behind bars. She wants to cover him and I told her I don't think its possible...however I want to check with you guys first.

Would anyone touch this?
yes accident only. Mutual of Omaha's is guaranteed issue. they don't care where you are. or how you die as long as it's due to injury and not self-inflicted, racing, etc.

"If, while insured under this policy, an insured person sustains an injury which results in death within 365 days following the date of the injury, we will pay the Accidental Death Benefit shown on the policy schedule."

Back