Looking to Join a IMO for Mort Prot and FE

imperatorrex

I everyone

I live in California. I am currently an agent with an IMO doing mortgage protection. My company I am currently with is one of the ones that have a negative rap on here. It's more recruiting based then sales based. I feel that if I were to stay it would be to my detriment.

If anyone can point me in the right direction of a IMO/company that is reputable and good. Looking to continue doing mortgage protecting and I would also do Final expense.

Thank you very much.

I everyone

I live in California. I am currently an agent with an IMO doing mortgage protection. My company I am currently with is one of the ones that have a negative rap on here. It's more recruiting based then sales based. I feel that if I were to stay it would be to my detriment.

If anyone can point me in the right direction of a IMO/company that is reputable and good. Looking to continue doing mortgage protecting and I would also do Final expense.

Thank you very much.

I understand "reputable", but can you please define what you mean by "good"? Are you looking for higher contract rates or do you still need training, leads, etc. to be provided by the IMO as well?

btw, you might want to consider contracting with two IMOs, one for FE and another for MP.

I understand "reputable", but can you please define what you mean by "good"? Are you looking for higher contract rates or do you still need training, leads, etc. to be provided by the IMO as well?

btw, you might want to consider contracting with two IMOs, one for FE and another for MP.

Well by good If if I get leads I don't want them to be resold to another agent in 5 weeks. Also provide renewals. I don't want my upline to get almost half of my commission for doing nothing. Also provide higher contract rates. If the imo provides training or mentorship I would say yes.

Most likely the current IMO would term him if he picked up contracts with another IMO.

----------

I everyone

Thank you very much.

There is not an IMO out there that does both MP and FE equally well.

They either dabble in one or the other or dabble in both.

Most likely the current IMO would term him if he picked up contracts with another IMO.

I wasn't suggesting he remain with the current MLM IMO he is with. As an independent he would be free to contract with more than one IMO, so he could contract with an IMO that speciallizes in FE, such as FEX, 360, etc. as well as contract with an IMO that specializes in MP, possibly Skipper.

----------

Well by good If if I get leads I don't want them to be resold to another agent in 5 weeks. Also provide renewals. I don't want my upline to get almost half of my commission for doing nothing. Also provide higher contract rates. If the imo provides training or mentorship I would say yes.

OK, so you are looking for an IMO that will provide you exclusive leads, rather than do direct mail on your own, which guarantees your leads will not be resold.

There is a member named Skipper on the forum. From what I've read, I don't think he has a MLM business model like SFG, NAA, Equis, etc.

The first step is to decide if you want to focus on MP or mortgage protection. With FE it's easy to find an IMO that sells fixed cost exclusive leads to their agents that are never resold as well as training and good commission levels. Our (FexContracting.com) commission levels are posted right on our website. You can use that as a guideline in your search. Our agents focus on FE and have products to cross sell MP if they want to. Very few of them want to sell MP.

If you go the other direction and sell MP it is harder to get exclusive leads at a good price because good MP leads are much harder to generate than good FE leads. And there are fewer to go around.

But agents who want to market for both products (a very common mistake) always make less than agents who specialize on one or the other. You should choose one and do 100% of your marketing efforts on that one. And pick up the easy cross sales that fall in your lap on the other one. With any IMO you will have both products available to you.

Newby i will agree FE leads are great and more bang for your buck. FEX contracting has the best of the best in FE . I will however disagree that you can't do both it is good to be diversified. I work with an IMO that has a good mix of FE,MP,MA,MED SUPS and annuities. I would rather have more weapons at my disposal .

What part of California are you in? I'm in SoCal.

I too came from mortgage protection & LOVE FE now. If you are looking for a work/life balance I would highly reccomend it.

What are your long term goals in this business?

What part of California are you in? I'm in SoCal.

I too came from mortgage protection & LOVE FE now. If you are looking for a work/life balance I would highly reccomend it.

What are your long term goals in this business?

I live in northern California Bay area.

My long term goals are to have a successful agency. I have an active P/C license. I think once I establish a clientele I can cross sell and help with auto home business insurance on top of life. I want to be a part of a great organization. I want to go to the next level and become a 6 figure producer.

----------

The first step is to decide if you want to focus on MP or mortgage protection. With FE it's easy to find an IMO that sells fixed cost exclusive leads to their agents that are never resold as well as training and good commission levels. Our (FexContracting.com) commission levels are posted right on our website. You can use that as a guideline in your search. Our agents focus on FE and have products to cross sell MP if they want to. Very few of them want to sell MP.

If you go the other direction and sell MP it is harder to get exclusive leads at a good price because good MP leads are much harder to generate than good FE leads. And there are fewer to go around.

But agents who want to market for both products (a very common mistake) always make less than agents who specialize on one or the other. You should choose one and do 100% of your marketing efforts on that one. And pick up the easy cross sales that fall in your lap on the other one. With any IMO you will have both products available to you.

Thank you for your reply. I will check out the website.

Back