Marijuana Smoker

Foresters would give him non tobacco rates for just the pot. Since he is a cigarette smoker also, he would get standard or preferred tobacco rates with them.

They won't rate him for the mj. It does have to be disclosed on the app.

Is this still the case. I've got a guy who is a stoner (daily pot smoker). He also smokes cigarettes but quit a week ago. What route should I go? 28 y.o. in excellent health. Not overweight or anything.

Is this still the case. I've got a guy who is a stoner (daily pot smoker). He also smokes cigarettes but quit a week ago. What route should I go? 28 y.o. in excellent health. Not overweight or anything.

If he admits DAILY use I know of no carrier that will take him.

So he's supposed to not admit it?

JD is saying Foresters will issue on non med and fully underwritten in another thread.

Yes, on Foresters Strong Foundation term they will issue non tobacco for pot smoking. Not on their PlanRight FE. Only on the term. It's non tobacco for cigars, pipes, smokeless tobacco and pot..It does have to be disclosed on the app that it's used and the frequency.

Now, that's what they say. I never had anyone admit to it so I can't say it will be issued. I do know of agents that have gotten it issued non tobacco for a pot smoker.

he'll be considered a cigarette smoker for 1 year after he quit smoking cigarettes...get it documented in medical records that he quit cigarettes.

united of omaha offers non-tobacco rates to pot smokers....but he would not get non-smoker rates for 1 year after he quits cigarettes

Yes, on Foresters Strong Foundation term they will issue non tobacco for pot smoking. Not on their PlanRight FE. Only on the term. It's non tobacco for cigars, pipes, smokeless tobacco and pot..It does have to be disclosed on the app that it's used and the frequency.

Now, that's what they say. I never had anyone admit to it so I can't say it will be issued. I do know of agents that have gotten it issued non tobacco for a pot smoker.

JD do you know if they will give him non smoker rates after one year if he quits for a year? One of my carriers does after an oral swab is taken.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And if you know they smoke pot, aren't you suppose to disclose that on the agent report?

Last edited:
JD do you know if they will give him non smoker rates after one year if he quits for a year? One of my carriers does after an oral swab is taken.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And if you know they smoke pot, aren't you suppose to disclose that on the agent report?

They will give non smoker rates if they quit smoking cigarettes for one year.

Does your pot smoker also smoke cigarettes?

You don't put the pot smoking in the agent's report. You put in the question where they ask about it. I haven't written a Foresters term in years, so I don't rmember the exact wording. They always told us they didn't penalize for pot because it wasn't treated the same in Canada as the US.

I do know their question on tobacco is "ever used?". I remember I had one where the guy had quit smoking 45 years ago. I still had to list it on the app. The agent guide is where they tell you what you can do and how long they have to have been quit and about mj use.

Back