Marijuana Smoker

Saying "no or I'll pass" on business isn't an easy thing to do, especially these days, but don't let a short term gain, end your long term.

That is the single most difficult aspect of this business. It's easy to have guidelines like not selling to someone who is drunk, insane, or not forging sigs under any circumstances, etc., etc., but the gray areas are the tough ones.

I had one of those yesterday. The lady told me something, and I tried to convince myself that she didn't say it. The case was a slam dunk, but now I have to piss away $500 because of what was said. The bright side is it wasn't $5K.

Lots of companies will take pot smokers,,as smokers...Foresters is one of them.

I think it should be legal myself.

I would think most will decline, because he smokes every day. The underwriters will say it falls under drug abuse/addiction

Prudential, Lincoln, and Metlife are all very forgiving of Cannabis use. Most don't want people using it every day but 1-3 times a week is no big deal. They cannot tell from a urinalysis how frequent the client uses. "would you say you use cannabis three times per week"? Is how you word that question. I don't advocate getting further in to the weeds than that. Certainly don't lie and don't expect a prospect to quit for an entire month just for a life insurance policy. They won't do it. Some people that use it for medical purposes CAN'T go a month. The other factor to consider is that most insurance companies prefer that you are a recreational user as opposed to a medical. If you use cannabis for depression for example, they will see that as uncontrolled depression. They don't recognize the medical benefits yet despite what the studies show. This is a seriously large target market and it is a good idea to give these people the respect that all of our clients deserve. Would you judge a person because they offered you a beer? I specifically target cannabis users and vapers and it is working pretty well for me.

Prudential, Lincoln, and Metlife are all very forgiving of Cannabis use. Most don't want people using it every day but 1-3 times a week is no big deal. They cannot tell from a urinalysis how frequent the client uses. "would you say you use cannabis three times per week"? Is how you word that question. I don't advocate getting further in to the weeds than that. Certainly don't lie and don't expect a prospect to quit for an entire month just for a life insurance policy. They won't do it. Some people that use it for medical purposes CAN'T go a month. The other factor to consider is that most insurance companies prefer that you are a recreational user as opposed to a medical. If you use cannabis for depression for example, they will see that as uncontrolled depression. They don't recognize the medical benefits yet despite what the studies show. This is a seriously large target market and it is a good idea to give these people the respect that all of our clients deserve. Would you judge a person because they offered you a beer? I specifically target cannabis users and vapers and it is working pretty well for me.

This thread is over 5 years old...a lot has changed.

Back