Marijuana Smoker

carroll

Guru
100+ Post Club
Kansas
As I was filling out paper work on a 250,000 term policy the guy tells me he smoked marijuana last week....damn! I've held on to the app but am assuming it's a waste of time to turn in?? This was with Savings Bank and Life. Will any company insure a marijuana smoker? If not, how long does it take to get that out of your system?

American General – Standard Smoker up to 2X weekly

Banner – Standard Smoker up to 2X weekly

Genworth – Standard Smoker Table 3 to decline

ING – Standard Smoker up to 2X weekly

John Hancock – Standard Smoker

Lincoln National – Standard Nonsmoker up to 2X a week; Table B for 3-4X, decline for more than 4X

MetLife – Standard Smoker up to 3X weekly

Nationwide – Standard Smoker

Prudential – Standard Nonsmoker Table B

RBC Liberty – Standard Smoker

SBLI – Standard Smoker Table 3

Transamerica – Standard Smoker

United of Omaha – Standard Nonsmoker up to 2X weekly

West Coast – Standard Smoker up to 2X weekly

Question-

How do they test you for the levels of THC in your system (paramed) prior to the policy being issued. How do they verify you only smoke 2x a wk?

Last edited:
I should note, this guy is a smoker....told me he smokes marijuana about once every month or so. (which prob means he smokes it once a week!!)

So does that mean he will just be charged a smokers rate?

Question-

How do they test you for the levels of THC in your system (paramed) prior to the policy being issued. How do they verify you only smoke 2x a wk?

They don't.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I should note, this guy is a smoker....told me he smokes marijuana about once every month or so. (which prob means he smokes it once a week!!)

That's like saying I only smoke cigarettes occasionally. :laugh:

Last edited:

So does that mean he will just be charged a smokers rate?

It doesn't sound like this guy will have much in the way of issues...Make sure he discloses the MJ use. I had a client not disclose to me, even thought I asked about drug use, but he disclosed to the paramed that I smoked daily for the past 30 years...Decline with every carrier for substance abuse. I realize now that he doesn't look at MJ use a drug use and thats why he didn't mention it to me...

Unfortunately the MJ will affect the guys life insurance and yes he must disclose the use of it... as for detox it will take up to 72 hrs to leave the blood stream and up to a month to leave the urine depending on the amount of use and how potent the product.... Its actually kind of a shame the it affects life insurance as it technically is NOT drug use as it is a natural growing plant by definition, drugs are man made... Also MJ has zero negative medical side effects with the exception of male breast enlargement

As I was filling out paper work on a 250,000 term policy the guy tells me he smoked marijuana last week....damn! I've held on to the app but am assuming it's a waste of time to turn in?? This was with Savings Bank and Life. Will any company insure a marijuana smoker? If not, how long does it take to get that out of your system?

I agree with Brad's list. Got one in UoO now.

If he is rating at smoker, I would just pick a company that would just rate as smoker. Assuming that you have asked Savings Bank already. Easy peasy.

>> If not, how long does it take to get that out of your system?

Do not even go there.

I tried to call SBLI.....got put on hold and told to call back tomorrow....great customer service there!

Back