Marketing to Ultra Affluent for Estate Planning

That's what I'm thinking! Referrals gallore! Make new friends is the best way I sell insurance. Referrals are my favorite, if the client is on Medicaid or lives in a Mansion. If I can just get an "in" I am set.

I suppose some people might be impressed by my drive if I door knock with no letter or introduction to myself, but that seems a little crazy and far fetched. Like a Cinderella Story. I'm too old for a Cinderella story. I'm 40, no one is going to admire my youthful ambitions. And, how do I know they are home, for one thing? It is quite a hike from mansion to mansion so I don't want to waste a lot of time.

I just really want to do a unique mailer for perhaps, Charitable Giving with Life Insurance or Wealth Transfer with Life Insurance and then door knock!

I don't know how to do the mailer I have in my head. That is really the root of my question. Mailers for Affluent Marketing.

I should also mention that I was a paralegal for 14.5 years in the Probate and Estate Planning field, I know what they need.

I know an advisor who does this. Send silly but useful gifts using large unique boxes to high income neighborhoods. Send them Fedex UPS 2nd day delivery and call them saying something like You are the guy who sent that package, you want to come over and review their life insurance. You will get something like 200 no's before you get 1 appointment. You will probably make 20K from that appointment. Then hire people to send out more boxes.

I used to cold call business owners 6-7 am and pissed off a bunch, but had a few that let me quote them on the call.

I would fedex the quotes for next morning delivery, and would fedex company t-shirts to the ones that I pissed off with a hand written note.

I made a lot of sales, and the biggest case I've ever written originated from the ceo of a company that received one of my t-shirts.

Be different if you want results.

You need to be in their social circle (mostly, not always) to write these cases.

Yes, I think that he blended two different groups. I don't think that Doc's and a miscellany of professional occs, require any special approach, other than vigilance and timing.

The truly "rich" with the friends going on boat trips, and passing out scholarships, which is what I think you're talking about, are not the same as common people with good professions.

I have rarely gotten them without a referral. Can you aggressively pursue them? Idk, judging from those that I have as clients, I don't think they would be receptive to it, but sure would like to know if a mr. nobody from nowhere type agent can do it successfully, that would be good info. to have on hand.

I had one on the low end of "the rich" that passed away recently. When I did her life insurance, several years ago, she was applying for an amount that required a financial statement. She was embarrassed by her income, $1.5M (adjusted gross), and made apologies to me a couple of times. I told her that I was happy for her, and not a communist. She laughed at that, and it put her at ease.

What are you calling ultra rich?
How does whole life help the ultra rich?
What other problems do you solve?

What are you calling ultra rich?
How does whole life help the ultra rich?
What other problems do you solve?

I was thinking the same thing. Im not sure whole life is the product of choice when it comes to estate planning for wealthy families. I normally use UL or survivorship UL.

Not a sarcastic question, but can someone help me understand how WL can be a appropriate product recommendation for people between age 60-75 for estate planning?

At that point, it's not about solving a problem. It's about paying for the solution.

Spreadsheet 2-3 policies side-by-side of how they work and let the client decide. It's not always about the lowest price. It often will be, but not always.

Plus, if you're doing a capital transfer, such as funding a period-certain annuity to pay for the life insurance, a limited pay policy can work just fine.

Back